• 368(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2020-05-28, 03:41)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

With the latest version:
ac3 audio is returning ac-3 and some skins don't recognize it

I have dts ex xll for one movie, I also have pcm and PCM, dts x and DTS X

(2020-05-28, 10:37)mataus19 Wrote: Yea I'm having exactly the same problem. Aeon MQ7 and MQ8 recognise only ac3. I have to edit each nfo to remove the -

Anyway we can change it in settings? I can't seem to find the option?

Also it scrapes 'United Kingdom: 18' or whatever BBFC age rating the movie is but most of the Kodi skins only recognise 'UK: 18'
Can we change that also as its very time consuming having to change all the NFO's or 'include variables' xml in the skin addon.

Thanks

Checked with Kodi scraping of a video with AC3 Audio and both Kodi and MC say the audio coded is ac3 lower case, without hyphen.

DTS-X (unique name of DTS XLL X) is in Kodi named as DTS HD Master Audio. MC Does the same.

There have been some more Audio codec changes in MC that will be available in the next release, but be assured, Upper or lower case makes no difference, though the next release will be lowercase for sure.
Not sure about dts ex xll, never seen that coded displayed anywhere.

Please wait for the next release.

As for scrapes United Kingdom: 18, can you give me an example movie so I can check this out.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Inside the html_templates I modified csvoutput:

<title>CSV Output</title>
<<MC HTML Page>>
"title","movieyear","imdbrating","tmdbrating","metacriticrating","tomatocriticrating","tomatoaudiencerating"
<<media_item>>
"<<title>>","<<movieyear>>","<<nfo:ratings:imdb:rating>","<<nfo:ratings:tmdb:rating>","<<nfo:ratings:metacritic:rating>","<<nfo:ratings:tomatometerallcritics:rating>","<<nfo:ratings:tomatometerallaudience:rating>"

But the default fields of csvoutput continue to display once I open the file in excel

Any help would be appreciated
(2020-06-01, 23:58)Edworld Wrote: Inside the html_templates I modified csvoutput:

<title>CSV Output</title>
<<MC HTML Page>>
"title","movieyear","imdbrating","tmdbrating","metacriticrating","tomatocriticrating","tomatoaudiencerating"
<<media_item>>
"<<title>>","<<movieyear>>","<<nfo:ratings:imdb:rating>","<<nfo:ratings:tmdb:rating>","<<nfo:ratings:metacritic:rating>","<<nfo:ratings:tomatometerallcritics:rating>","<<nfo:ratings:tomatometerallaudience:rating>"

But the default fields of csvoutput continue to display once I open the file in excel

Any help would be appreciated

Modify the template without MC running, I believe it loads the templates on start of Media Companion.
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-01-23, 10:18)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-01-22, 21:57)chrissix Wrote: I didn't know it is that complicated. I  have thought cause the endpoints that are called via HTTPS it's possible with any scripting language.
Just like I brought my very limited knowledge together with Windows PowerShell to get data from ThemovieDB
But I see ThemovieDB offers a dozen ways to access the API and Letterboxd only 3  Confused
https://www.themoviedb.org/documentation...-libraries
Letterboxd is in its infancy with its API, so API Wrappers are still work in progress. With time, someone will write a wrapper I can use in Media Companion
Quote:Ok so we have to wait  Undecided  until letterboxd API supporting more scripting languages or maybe in future you got deeper into Python3.
I won't be using Python in MC. It means another dependency, and cross communicating between Python and VB. Oh, and learning Python programming.
Quote:Maybe you have interest to implement a link shortcut for quick visit without clicking scrambling around in the browser same like IMDB,TMDB,TVDB,FANART.TV
The main links are usually this format https://letterboxd.com/film/star-trek-first-contact/
But the links can be autogenerated simple with: https://letterboxd.com/tmdb/199 -> https://letterboxd.com/tmdb/tmdbID
Those shortcut/links for IMDB/TMDb and Fanart.Tv are tabs not buttons.

Adding some function...somewhere... to open the letterboxd site to the specific movie is not a bad idea, but I wouldn't add a new tab just for this. Maybe a button somewhere else, or even in the right-click context menu when right clicking a movie?
So, that is what I have just done.
Currently users can right click a movie and you can choose to open the webpage of the movie at TMDB, If in a Set you can open the Set page at TMDb. AND in the next release, you can open the movie page at LetterBoxD.

Quote:Just my 2 cents: I would place the IMDB/TMDB button besides instead toggle, and also FANART.TV beside.
I found out the IMDB/TMDB toggle very late. And just a few months ago i found out how the FANART.TV links working.
If not a Set right click FANART.TV button in Main Windows, if it is a Set this button is dead on right click instead click into the FANART.TV tab, with left click change if Main Movie or Set and right click open the link *gg*
Don't know how to do better but it's really long sentence to explain how it's functional^^
I'd completely forgotten I'd added opening the Fanart.Tv webpage by right clicking the tab header. I don't recall why I set it to not open if the movie was in a collection. Might need to revamp this functionality.
Quote:Anyway, your work is much appreciated!  Nod I am the same long time in MC as in Kodi. Thousands of hours.

Always happy to get suggestions, but please don't be offended if suggestions are not taken onboard for development. Eek 
I can't remember if I shared this or not. cinesift.com shows letterboxd ratings as well as the ones you already have. I am not sure if by looking at the site you would be able to find out how he is pulling the ratings by movie.

Thanks for looking
(2020-06-03, 04:21)Edworld Wrote: I can't remember if I shared this or not. cinesift.com shows letterboxd ratings as well as the ones you already have. I am not sure if by looking at the site you would be able to find out how he is pulling the ratings by movie.

Thanks for looking

Had another look at Leterboxd, but their API is not available for mainstream use yet

https://letterboxd.com/api-beta/
Quote:The Letterboxd API is in private beta. If you’d like to be considered for early access,

Also the API Wrappers for LetterBoxd are still in their infancy, and currently only Python or Ruby coded. We'd need VB or C# wrapper to be able to add to MC.
Media Companion Dev.
@Edworld

BTW, did you get the template working for you?
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-06-01, 10:49)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-05-28, 03:41)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

With the latest version:
ac3 audio is returning ac-3 and some skins don't recognize it

I have dts ex xll for one movie, I also have pcm and PCM, dts x and DTS X

(2020-05-28, 10:37)mataus19 Wrote: Yea I'm having exactly the same problem. Aeon MQ7 and MQ8 recognise only ac3. I have to edit each nfo to remove the -

Anyway we can change it in settings? I can't seem to find the option?

Also it scrapes 'United Kingdom: 18' or whatever BBFC age rating the movie is but most of the Kodi skins only recognise 'UK: 18'
Can we change that also as its very time consuming having to change all the NFO's or 'include variables' xml in the skin addon.

Thanks

Checked with Kodi scraping of a video with AC3 Audio and both Kodi and MC say the audio coded is ac3 lower case, without hyphen.

DTS-X (unique name of DTS XLL X) is in Kodi named as DTS HD Master Audio. MC Does the same.

There have been some more Audio codec changes in MC that will be available in the next release, but be assured, Upper or lower case makes no difference, though the next release will be lowercase for sure.
Not sure about dts ex xll, never seen that coded displayed anywhere.

Please wait for the next release.

As for scrapes United Kingdom: 18, can you give me an example movie so I can check this out.
So you can get MC to scrape ac3 in to the NFO? My scrapes with MC are showing ac-3.

Regarding the BBFC rating video do you want me to send you the NFO?
(2020-06-04, 10:21)vbat99 Wrote: @Edworld

BTW, did you get the template working for you?

yes
question / request:

When you right click on a movie at the bottom it shows convert to frodo only, but that is grayed out, I am not sure if this option still serves a purpose.

I ran the template with ratings to see what movies in my collection are missing ratings? Would it be possible to open the movie with omdb to have a quick look at the ratings before re-scraping?
(2020-06-01, 10:40)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-05-29, 15:44)MonSoon12 Wrote: Hi vbat99,

Firstly, thanks again for this awesome program.

So I just updated to version 3.747b from 3.735b. I didn't get notifications to update until today.
I encountered an issue in the movie tab. My posters are not displaying. I can select poster from the side panel and it displays. It just won't for the bigger main slot "No poster is available for this media file".
Poster is just titled poster.jpg (Located in the same folder as movie)

In Movie Preferences -> Artwork, you can select to use poster.jpg instead of <moviename>-poster.jpg

Selecting the poster option show display the poster in MC again.

Cheers
I can see the option as you posted, but it is blanked out. I'm unable to select it. Is there something I need to set beforehand? I had a read through all the options and I can't figure out how to unlock them.
What is MC's naming convention for 'combined' episodes (e.g Battlestar Galactica (2003)\Season 4\S04E19-E20)?

I have mine set up as above, but MC always says the nfo could not be loaded. I have tried different conventions (e.g. Battlestar Galactica (2003)\Season 4\S04E19-20) with no success.

I have checked the NFO for the episode and both episodes are listed.
(2020-06-04, 17:17)mataus19 Wrote: So you can get MC to scrape ac3 in to the NFO? My scrapes with MC are showing ac-3.

Regarding the BBFC rating video do you want me to send you the NFO?

I went back as far as MC 3.741b and still scraping as ac3 not ac-3.

As for BBC rating, I need a title to scrape in my test builds to see what results are being returned.
If you can give me a Series title or Movie Title that returns 'United Kingdom: 18'
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-06-05, 00:17)Edworld Wrote: question / request:

When you right click on a movie at the bottom it shows convert to frodo only, but that is grayed out, I am not sure if this option still serves a purpose.
Option only active if you have pre-frodo artwork detected by Media Companion. Suppose I should hide this option instead of Grey out.

Quote:I ran the template with ratings to see what movies in my collection are missing ratings? Would it be possible to open the movie with omdb to have a quick look at the ratings before re-scraping?
Unfortunately OMDb doesn't have a web page to display details, its all from API calls. So no, unable to display a OMDB Page for the movie details.
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-06-05, 12:19)MonSoon12 Wrote: I can see the option as you posted, but it is blanked out. I'm unable to select it. Is there something I need to set beforehand? I had a read through all the options and I can't figure out how to unlock them.

OOps, should have mentioned, you also need either
All movies are in folders
or
Use Folder names for scraping
selected to activate the poster.jpg filename option
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-06-06, 01:40)Ozpeg Wrote: What is MC's naming convention for 'combined' episodes (e.g Battlestar Galactica (2003)\Season 4\S04E19-E20)?

I have mine set up as above, but MC always says the nfo could not be loaded. I have tried different conventions (e.g. Battlestar Galactica (2003)\Season 4\S04E19-20) with no success.

I have checked the NFO for the episode and both episodes are listed.

MC sequence for multi-episode video files are season XX episode XX episode XX
eg:
S01E01E02E03 etc
Remove hyphen as it doesn't depict that the next number sequence is another episode.
So in your example
Battlestar Galactica (2003)\Season 4\S04E19E20 will work

MC follows mostly what Kodi use to follow, we do require the season moniker. eg:
S01E02
s01x02
01x02

Multi Episode
S01e01e02e03
s01x01x02x03
Media Companion Dev.
  • 368(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10