• 369(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2020-06-06, 05:02)vbat99 Wrote:
(2020-06-05, 12:19)MonSoon12 Wrote: I can see the option as you posted, but it is blanked out. I'm unable to select it. Is there something I need to set beforehand? I had a read through all the options and I can't figure out how to unlock them.

OOps, should have mentioned, you also need either
All movies are in folders
or
Use Folder names for scraping
selected to activate the poster.jpg filename option
Thanks! Works fine now.
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I'm not seeing the Rotten Tomato Ratings section added into any of the nfo files as shown in the example below.  I only see IMDB, Metacritic, and themoviedb.  I have signed up for an OMDb API key activated it, verified it works and entered it into the OMDB API section of Common settings of Media Companion.  Is there something else I need to turn on as well so that it pulls correctly?  Not sure if something is just currently down from the Rotten Tomatoes side.  Any help on this would be great! 

-J

Example of .NFO
    <ratings>
        <rating name="imdb" max="10" default="true">
            <value>6.9</value>
            <votes>193305</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating name="metacritic" max="10">
            <value>5.5</value>
            <votes>54</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating name="themoviedb" max="10">
            <value>7.2</value>
            <votes>6015</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>
(2020-06-13, 16:07)NBAJ2K Wrote: Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I'm not seeing the Rotten Tomato Ratings section added into any of the nfo files as shown in the example below.  I only see IMDB, Metacritic, and themoviedb.  I have signed up for an OMDb API key activated it, verified it works and entered it into the OMDB API section of Common settings of Media Companion.  Is there something else I need to turn on as well so that it pulls correctly?  Not sure if something is just currently down from the Rotten Tomatoes side.  Any help on this would be great! 

-J

Example of .NFO
    <ratings>
            <value>6.9</value>
            <votes>193305</votes>
        </rating>
            <value>5.5</value>
            <votes>54</votes>
        </rating>
            <value>7.2</value>
            <votes>6015</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>

and you selected to get rotten tomatoes ratings? i assume you typed in your key.
(2020-06-15, 01:54)Edworld Wrote:
(2020-06-13, 16:07)NBAJ2K Wrote: Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I'm not seeing the Rotten Tomato Ratings section added into any of the nfo files as shown in the example below.  I only see IMDB, Metacritic, and themoviedb.  I have signed up for an OMDb API key activated it, verified it works and entered it into the OMDB API section of Common settings of Media Companion.  Is there something else I need to turn on as well so that it pulls correctly?  Not sure if something is just currently down from the Rotten Tomatoes side.  Any help on this would be great! 

-J

Example of .NFO
    <ratings>
            <value>6.9</value>
            <votes>193305</votes>
        </rating>
            <value>5.5</value>
            <votes>54</votes>
        </rating>
            <value>7.2</value>
            <votes>6015</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>

and you selected to get rotten tomatoes ratings? i assume you typed in your key.

Under common settings I have the TMDbAPI, Fanart TV key, and OMDb API entered all with keys that I've verified are valid. I even did the test link with the OMDb API key (which I believe is the one needed for rotten tomatoes) with a couple different movies to make sure it was working and it is, but every time I run it in Media Companion I don't see it in the nfo file for any of the movies. Is there another step that's needed?

-J
(2020-06-15, 02:02)NBAJ2K Wrote:
(2020-06-15, 01:54)Edworld Wrote:

-J

Example of .NFO
    <ratings>
            <value>6.9</value>
            <votes>193305</votes>
        </rating>
            <value>5.5</value>
            <votes>54</votes>
        </rating>
            <value>7.2</value>
            <votes>6015</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>

Under common settings I have the TMDbAPI, Fanart TV key, and OMDb API entered all with keys that I've verified are valid. I even did the test link with the OMDb API key (which I believe is the one needed for rotten tomatoes) with a couple different movies to make sure it was working and it is, but every time I run it in Media Companion I don't see it in the nfo file for any of the movies. Is there another step that's needed?

-J
under movie preference on the left middle do you have it checked to scrape ratings?
Just tested Rotten Tomato ratings for the movies
13 going on Thirty
and
Dances with Wolves.
For both movies, Rotten ratings were retrieved. Below was for Dances with Wolves nfo after rescrape for Ratings.
xml:
<ratings>
<rating name="themoviedb" max="10" default="true">
<value>7.8</value>
<votes>2536</votes>
</rating>
<rating name="imdb" max="10">
<value>8.0</value>
<votes>232900</votes>
</rating>
<value>7.2</value>
<votes>20</votes>
</rating>
<rating name="tomatometerallcritics" max="10">
<value>8.3</value>
<votes>75</votes>
</rating>
<rating name="tomatometerallaudience" max="10">
<value>8.7</value>
<votes>213648</votes>
</rating>
</ratings>

You need to enable the correct options to get the TomatoRatings
Check MC Wiki Preferences for assistance. https://sourceforge.net/p/mediacompanion...PrefsMain/
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2020-06-15, 02:36)Edworld Wrote:
(2020-06-15, 02:02)NBAJ2K Wrote:
(2020-06-15, 01:54)Edworld Wrote: and you selected to get rotten tomatoes ratings? i assume you typed in your key.

-J
under movie preference on the left middle do you have it checked to scrape ratings?

I really apologize, I didn't have those 2 checkboxes for Rotten Tomatoes checked which is why it wasn't working. I'm new to using this and completely missed those options. It looks like they are pulling correctly now. While I enabled quite a few options I completely missed that one.

Thanks for your help!
-J
I'm sorry, just ONE more question, this one regarding Trailers.

Now that the NFO file seems to be populating correctly (thanks again for the help on that) if have the movie selected and go to the information screen I can now see the ratings for all the movies.

However when I select "Trailer" nothing seems to happen. If I go to "Refresh" for each movie and have it refresh the movie information from the internet instead of locally, it seems to work then when selecting "Trailer", and it opens fine but I think that defeats the purpose of Media Companion.

I wasn't sure if it matters but under Movie Preferences in Media Companion I have trailers enabled from HD-Trailers.net. Is there anything else I need to do in order to configure that to work? I don't want to download the trailers locally, and hope to have them stream if a movie is selected. I've already generated and input the YouTube API key in case that's needed

Thanks again, sorry for the additional question!
-J
(2020-06-16, 00:18)NBAJ2K Wrote: I'm sorry, just ONE more question, this one regarding Trailers.

Now that the NFO file seems to be populating correctly (thanks again for the help on that) if have the movie selected and go to the information screen I can now see the ratings for all the movies.

However when I select "Trailer" nothing seems to happen. If I go to "Refresh" for each movie and have it refresh the movie information from the internet instead of locally, it seems to work then when selecting "Trailer", and it opens fine but I think that defeats the purpose of Media Companion.

I wasn't sure if it matters but under Movie Preferences in Media Companion I have trailers enabled from HD-Trailers.net. Is there anything else I need to do in order to configure that to work? I don't want to download the trailers locally, and hope to have them stream if a movie is selected. I've already generated and input the YouTube API key in case that's needed

Thanks again, sorry for the additional question!
-J

It depends on if the trailer is coming from Youtube for Media Companion. Youtube is now a fickle child requiring more work to get the correct url.

I'll do some testing and see what Kodi is exporting for trailer url, make sure its matching what we supply in Media Companion.
Media Companion Dev.
vbatt99:

Very strange behavior with WALL·E

It scrapes correctly WALL·E, but if I change the properties on NFO file to read only through windows explorer, it displays WALL�E in MC and on Kodi WALLE

Thanks for looking into this
Are you editing the nfo in windows what editor are you using

Cause some editors don't save as utf8.

Notepad ++ should save edited file in same format as was opened.
Media Companion Dev.
(2020-06-18, 08:15)vbat99 Wrote: Notepad ++ should save edited file in same format as was opened.

I had a problem with this in the past.  Notepad++ has a default for file extension nfo that sets encoding to code page 437.  You have to change the defaults to utf-8.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Vbat99,

I made no changes to the NFO file at all. All I did was change the properties by right clicking the file and mark it as read only.

edit: it may be a windows 10 thnig
WallE

I just rescraped again with MC and audio codec shows up as: <codec>dts es xll</codec>
Not sure why Changing the nfo to read-only would alter the file encoding, very odd and something I haven't come across.

As for Codec showing as dts es xll, this will be fixed in the next release.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 369(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10