• 376(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Hi @vbat99 
See picture:
Can you please add Rotten Tomatoes to the list so we can go there like the other two websites.
This is the ratings for Peninsula from Rotten Tomatoes:
This is what Media Companion scraped:
What could be the reason for not scraping the ratings?
Thanks
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
(2020-12-20, 16:23)JanM201 Wrote: Hi @vbat99 
See picture:
Can you please add Rotten Tomatoes to the list so we can go there like the other two websites.
This is the ratings for Peninsula from Rotten Tomatoes:
This is what Media Companion scraped:
What could be the reason for not scraping the ratings?
Thanks

There is no API for Rotten Tomatoes except for a Pay version. And no way to link a selected movie with a Rotten Tomato web page.

We use OMDBApi to get the Metacritic etc scores.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Hey Ro - I'm sure you've already been asked this, but any plan to change to support extrafanart processing? I know the answer will be yes - eventually (you do have a life after all). My real question is if there is a way to support migrating current extrafanart in folders, renaming and moving to main video folder? I know it's a big ask, but before I move to Matrix, I wanna get my art in order.

Thanks
BUG: the TMDB id for episodes (I think for series, too) is not scraped on the initial scan, so I have to do a batch rescrape afterwards. The problem is that, during that second scan, it replaces the TVDB id of the episode(s) with the TVDB id of the tv series.

REQUEST: Is it possible to convert the legacy ratings to the newer format without rescraping them? Sometimes, they are bombed by trolls, so I'd prefer to not update them
I'm slightly confused on naming a double tv episode.
Example... I have Gotham season 3... double episode with the last 2 episodes 21 and 22.
So I know to make it

S03E21E22 - name of episode.mkv

But what should I actually use for the name of the episode since these are listed as 2 separate episodes on thetvdb?... with completely different names... as in not a part 1 and part 2.
Or do I leave the name blank and let MC3 handle it?

EDIT>>>I'm even more confused... I just checked my Seinfeld collection where I knew there were some double episodes.
Season 9... the last 4 episodes.
These are my files

S09E21-S09E22 - The Clip Show (a.k.a. The Chronicle).mpg
S09E23-S09E24 - The Finale.mpg

When I look at these in Kodi they are listed as four separate episodes.
21 and 22 are both the same file when played and 23 and 24 are the same as well.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
(2021-01-20, 21:02)RonnieG3 Wrote: Hey Ro - I'm sure you've already been asked this, but any plan to change to support extrafanart processing? I know the answer will be yes - eventually (you do have a life after all). My real question is if there is a way to support migrating current extrafanart in folders, renaming and moving to main video folder? I know it's a big ask, but before I move to Matrix, I wanna get my art in order.

Thanks

Hey Ronnie

Yes, still working on multi Poster and Fanart images and some way to convert from Extrafanart. Work in progress still.

Rob
Media Companion Dev.
(2021-01-28, 06:36)adun79 Wrote: BUG: the TMDB id for episodes (I think for series, too) is not scraped on the initial scan, so I have to do a batch rescrape afterwards. The problem is that, during that second scan, it replaces the TVDB id of the episode(s) with the TVDB id of the tv series.

REQUEST: Is it possible to convert the legacy ratings to the newer format without rescraping them? Sometimes, they are bombed by trolls, so I'd prefer to not update them

Will check on TMDb Id on initial scrape.

As for converting legacy ratings, I'll figure a way for the next release where if a Movie, will get loaded as TMDB ratings, if TV then as if from TVDB.
Media Companion Dev.
(2021-02-04, 20:07)huttdes Wrote: I'm slightly confused on naming a double tv episode.
Example... I have Gotham season 3... double episode with the last 2 episodes 21 and 22.
So I know to make it

S03E21E22 - name of episode.mkv

But what should I actually use for the name of the episode since these are listed as 2 separate episodes on thetvdb?... with completely different names... as in not a part 1 and part 2.
Or do I leave the name blank and let MC3 handle it?

EDIT>>>I'm even more confused... I just checked my Seinfeld collection where I knew there were some double episodes.
Season 9... the last 4 episodes.
These are my files

S09E21-S09E22 - The Clip Show (a.k.a. The Chronicle).mpg
S09E23-S09E24 - The Finale.mpg

When I look at these in Kodi they are listed as four separate episodes.
21 and 22 are both the same file when played and 23 and 24 are the same as well.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

As a filename can only get one episode title, it is usually the first episode in a multi-episode file. Also, at present, only the image from the first episode is stored.

In Kodi, While you will see two entries, eg if filename is S09E21E22, in Kodi you will see Episode 21 and then Episode 22, each episode will have its own plot etc details.
BUT, Kodi will play it as one continuous file as it is one file.
So once played in Kodi, both EP 21 & 22 will get checked as watched.

No way around this as no way of knowing where the split between episodes is.

Alternatively, you can find a Video Splitter program and split each episode it its own file.

BTW, recommend format of SxxExxExxExx etc for naming of multi-episode file.
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99,

Artwork section, autoscrape artwork on the top left I have first 3 options checked and on 3rd option fanart.tv select art I have all of them selected. On the top right, I have selected allow save extra artwork and TMDb as source.

I guess I am not sure what my selections are doing. I want to download all extra artwork from fanart.tv (logo, disc, banner, etc) and extra fanart from TMDb and when I scrape a new movie I only get poster and fanart

Help is greatly appreciated
I tried updating ratings by using the wizard and selecting all 4 options on top right and got this error message:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: TMDb is unavailable!
   at Media_Companion.TMDb.Fetch()
   at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
   at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Feature req:  would be nice if home movies would write <premiered> tag instead of <year> which I think is deprecated.

scott s.
Is there a way to do a bulk edit of TV episodes.
I just put together a massive collection of Looney Tunes... complete with many 'specials'...65 episodes to be precise.
I guess due to insufficient info on the TVDB every episode has a 0 in the 'Airs After Season' box... This is making every special appear in every season folder. So aside from changing that input to a blank box and clicking save on every file individually is there any way to do this to every episode in one shot?
im getting this error every time i open the tv shows tab, can someone please help to fix it, thanks

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Xml.Linq.XCData' to type 'System.Xml.Linq.XElement'.
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.CleanNode(XElement Element, String elementName)
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.CleanNode(XElement Element, String elementName)
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.LoadDoc()
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.Load(String Path)
   at Media_Companion.TvShow.Load(String Path)
   at ProtoXML.ProtoFile.Load()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.tv_SelectedSeries(TvShow Show)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.TvTreeview_AfterSelect_Do()
If I set a TV Series or Movie to "watched" in MC, and confgured the XBCLink,  does MC update the NFO file (I have configured Kodi to use local data) ?
Is there a way to stop MC scraping actor links in the main tvshow.nfo file?

Also, can you force MC to use episode plot synopsis from IMDB?

Many thanks for a great program
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
  • 376(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10