Linux XBMCuntu + mdadm = How to?
Question 
I just installed XBMCuntu Eden and everything installed and it loaded up fine. I then installed mdadm because I am trying to setup a RAID 5 for my media. After installing mdadm and rebooting the system it ill no longer boot into XBMC. It loads the XBMC loading screen but then it goes to the terminal screen showing:
Code:
BusyBox v1.18.4 (Ubuntu 1:1.18.4-2ubuntu2) built-in (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
(initramfs)

How can I fix this or how can I install XBMCuntu and also install mdadm? Or is there a better way about using a RAID 5 with XBMC?
Sounds like maybe your fstab might be pointing to the raid UUID now instead of the boot drive UUID.
Check this guide out for mdadm setup
The link Aenima99x provided is a very good one.

If you buggered you /etc/fstab don't reinstall everything ... boot off of a livecd, mount boot drive and change the fstab that way,

Only other things I suggest are:

a) replace all instances of 'ext3' with 'ext4'. EXT4 is new default filesystem in Ubuntu - no use going with the older one.
b) if not explicitly obvious don't include you boot device in the raid array ... use other HDD besides your boot drive in the array ... like I said assuming you've done this but posting for completeness.
c) if you're going to do some tests on various devices you'll likely need to run the 'mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sdX' on each before the new configuration test ... mdadm is hard to kill if you set it up.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCuntu + mdadm = How to?0