Multiple User Configuration
Hello smart people!
I have a bunch of roomies all running XBMC using my stored medial library. All media files stored on my NAS which is also running Mysql. I configured Mysql and configured advancedsettings.xml properly, attached a workstation and imported my complete library, my master workstation properly connected to mysql and imported the data. Good stuff so far! I don't want all of my workstations scraping and storing local movie images. Do I just need to configure the advancedsettings.xml files to point to my NAS for thumbnails then copy the advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml to all other workstations and they will all be working off the same movies and supporting movie data?
Thanks so much.
You can sacrifice speed for central thumb/art storage by following this page: HOW-TO:Sync multiple libraries/Sync thumbails and fanart (wiki)

Or, in a month or so, rumor has it we might have some new features in the nightly test builds that will handle this all much better and without any slowdown.
Yes, I saw that article. I guess my question is, if I configure my workstation to use XBMC and MYSQL and the shared thumbnails in advancedsettings, then run Ember Media Manager, will other workstations pick up the files scraped by Ember?
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple User Configuration0