DVD (VIDEO_TS) on ipad
How can I play ripped DVD, i.e. VIDEO_TS folders on iPad. When I tap with 2 fingers on a VIDEO_TS folder and play it it does not work correctly. Opening one of the files inside the folder does not work either. Of course, opening manually each VOB file can be done, but it is not the goal when pllaying a DVD.

I have an iPad2 (5.0.1) with latest XBMC 11 installed (Cydia notified an upgrade a few weeks ago, which I did)

Please help.

Thanks
go to the left side menu and enable "stacking".
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-04-19, 10:12)Memphiz Wrote: go to the left side menu and enable "stacking".

Thanks, I will try it this evening.
(2012-04-19, 10:12)Memphiz Wrote: go to the left side menu and enable "stacking".

Sorry, it did not help.
It read DVD without menus, but did not read videos with menus.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
If the dvd with menu is encrypted it won't work on atv2 because of the missing dvdcss decryption library which doesn't compile for atv2.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-04-23, 16:50)Memphiz Wrote: If the dvd with menu is encrypted it won't work on atv2 because of the missing dvdcss decryption library which doesn't compile for atv2.

So, only DVD's without menus. OK. Thanks for the answer.
No - only DVD's without encryption (though its only a guess of me that this might be the issue for you).
(2012-04-23, 19:06)Memphiz Wrote: No - only DVD's without encryption (though its only a guess of me that this might be the issue for you).

Sorry. What do you mean by "encryption"? The DVD's are not region protected, or any otherwise protected.
Encryption is the copy protection which DVDs normally have when bought in a shop.
(2012-04-25, 00:00)Memphiz Wrote: Encryption is the copy protection which DVDs normally have when bought in a shop.

Definitely, they are not! So, problem is elsewhere...

Many thanks for all your kind help.
Xbmc.log with debugging turned on neede in that case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD (VIDEO_TS) on ipad0