Multiple language movies / TV shows
Hi,

First of all, I must say that after 2 days of use, XBMC is just awesome, props to the devs!

There's only one issue I couldn't figure out myself though. I have most of my files in french, and some in english. Sometimes, I have a movie in a folder, and the same movie in another folder (in english). The problem is that XBMC will insert them in the DB as the same movie, and when I browse the list, I can't differentiate the english one from the french one. Same for series, I often have two folders for a series (one FR, the other EN), and I end up with tons of duplicates (which are not really, vecause one is in english and one in french).

Is there a solution for this problem? Like something I can tell the scrapers to differentiate them, I don't know ... maybe associate the two files and be able to switch during play (like switching audio, but it would switch both video and audio)?

Thank you!

Sam
You could use an NFO file to force a different name.

A more long term solution maybe to rip your films with both english and french audio and subtitles. Then you would only have one copy, when playing the movie you then toggle through the audio and subtitles to the one you want.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
There is a way to do it, but you would need to separate your french movies from english movies and same thing for TV shows

The you set content on each folder to the appropiate type (movies or tv shows) and change the language of the scraper to french for your french folders.

that way your french stuff will have a french title, and english stuff would have english title.

Another way to do it is with smart playlist, you could have a smart playlist that lists everything with "french" in the path, and add those smart playlist to the main menu (most skins allows you to add playlist to the main menu)

I could elaborate more on the 2 ways if you need more info, I too have stuff in english and french (I use the smart playlist way)
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Thanks for the replies guys!

Of course the solution to rip it with both audio tracks in the file is the best, but it's a lot of hard work!

I want to give your first solution a shot, The_Dogg. I searched for info on how to set up the NFO file so that the scraper would distinguish it, but I found nothing :/ Do you have more info on that?

And when I know how to make the nfo, how do I structure my files? It it something like "Heroes/FR/S01/" and "Heroes/EN/S01" or more like "Heroes (FR)/S01" and "Heroes (EN)/S01"?

Thanks!

Sam
You dont need to have NFO files for it work, here is how you do it:

File Structure:
E:\TV Shows (FR) <---- Set content on this directory to TV Shows and while setting the content go to the scraper settings and set language to French (thetvdb scraper support multiple languages)
-->Heroes\Season01
E:\TV Shows (EN) <---- Set content on this directory to TV Shows English language is default
-->Heroes\Season01

Same structure for movies, tmdb scraper also supports multiple languages

remember to clean the library if you move files around Smile

For the few tv shows/movies that have the same titles in english and french, you can use XWMM (check the forums for that add-on) and change the title of the TV show/Movie to something that will indicate that it's french (ie: Heroes (Fr))

on another note, I get most of my HD movies with both english and french audio tracks, I know some BluRay rips of tv shows are sometime released with dual audio aswell, just search for releases with "Multi" in the name, they are usually english and french releases.
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Thanks for the explanations.

I tried this way, but even then, they were still showing as the same title in the list (one folder scraping in french, the other in english). So to fix this I used a nfo file with only the title of the show and the url to it in each folder, and I added (FR) or (EN) at the end. This way, I have the two separate series in my list Smile

I also get my HD movies and series with dual audio now, but most of my library is filled with files I had for a long time, back when "Multi" releases were not so popular...

I'm still not sure what I will do for my movies, because I don't really like the french titles... I guess I will someday find a way!

Thanks for the help!

Sam
I use this with Sickbeard and therefor have all my TV-Shows (both EN and DA) in the some folder. Previously I had this working, by changing the content of the Danish shows, and set the language to 'da' (using TheTVDB's scraper). However after reinstalling everything, I can't get this to work anymore. Has something changed or why doesn't this work anymore?
Well, now it works again. Have no idea why it didn't work before.

So for others information I can tell that I have mainly EN show in my library, so the scraper for the main TV-Show folder is set with language EN. Then for the folders with DA shows, inside the main folder, I change the language for the scraper on the individual show folder. Just to let you guys now it's an option.
(2012-04-20, 06:09)sam_1421 Wrote: Thanks for the explanations.

I tried this way, but even then, they were still showing as the same title in the list (one folder scraping in french, the other in english). So to fix this I used a nfo file with only the title of the show and the url to it in each folder, and I added (FR) or (EN) at the end. This way, I have the two separate series in my list Smile
[..]

I need exact the same. But i can't get it work. Could you post an example nfo file?
How is your folder structure?

My structure is:
Serien -> Supernatural (german files in this folder) -> en (english files in this sub folder)
I've created a nfo file in the "en" folder with the name "tvshow.nfo" with this content:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<tvshow>
    <title>Supernatural (EN)</title>
</tvshow>

(2013-10-14, 22:02)usk78-dk Wrote: Well, now it works again. Have no idea why it didn't work before.

So for others information I can tell that I have mainly EN show in my library, so the scraper for the main TV-Show folder is set with language EN. Then for the folders with DA shows, inside the main folder, I change the language for the scraper on the individual show folder. Just to let you guys now it's an option.

I've tried the thing. But my english episodes are still in the same list as my german episodes. Do you have an idea what I[/code]'m doing wrong?
(2012-04-20, 06:09)sam_1421 Wrote: Thanks for the explanations.

I also get my HD movies and series with dual audio now, but most of my library is filled with files I had for a long time, back when "Multi" releases were not so popular...

I'm still not sure what I will do for my movies, because I don't really like the french titles... I guess I will someday find a way!

Thanks for the help!

Sam

Hello,

I'm in the same situation with my TV Show.
I tried to use NFO but not working... :/

This is an exemple of nfo I created

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<tvshow>
    <title>The Big Bang Theory (VOST)</title>
<episodeguide><url cache="80379.xml">http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/80379/all/en.zip</url></episodeguide>
</tvshow>

I don't understand why not working...

How is your NFO Code ?
This solution still work ?

Thanks for your answer and I'm sorry for my bad English but i'm a desesperate French user Tongue
sam_1421 ?

Anybody ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple language movies / TV shows0