• 3(current)
[DEAD] Watched Data Export/Import - Programs Addon
(2012-06-08, 19:41)Fox Wrote: Ya I tried it with minus signs here and that seems to be fine.

But I wonder what happens with your files that begin with season and episode, do they get scanned into the library correctly?

I think so, they appear all right in xbmc thou. do you want me to look in the sql database?

*edit*
Did you export with another version then the one you are using now?

That i might have, i did a total re install of xbmc and downloaded the latest file from this thread, it might be an older version that exported the file.

*edit2*
(2012-06-08, 19:33)mcfrojd Wrote: These files in my xml file seems a bit strange to.
<file count="1" id="3515">banner.jpg</file>
<file count="1" id="3518">season-all.jpg</file>
<file count="1" id="3520">folder.jpg</file>

i can confirm that all lines in my xml file that starts with s**e** won't get marked

wow those are really strange, how can they be in the video database at all.
i have no idea how they have ended up in there.
i deleted all my databases and made a totally new rescan of my libraries.

Ok, I'll do some more testing here later on, but out of time atm Sad
If you find any spelling mistakes you can keep them ;)

idFile idPath strFilename playCount lastPlayed
Ändra Redigera Kopiera Radera 2830 1858 s04e01 EPT 4 - Barcelona Day 1.flv NULL NULL
Ändra Redigera Kopiera Radera 2831 1858 s04e02 EPT 4 - Barcelona Day 2.flv NULL NULL
Ändra Redigera Kopiera Radera 2832 1858 s04e03 EPT 4 - Barcelona Final Table.flv NULL NULL
Ändra Redigera Kopiera Radera 2833 1858 s04e04 EPT 4 - London Day 1.flv NULL NULL

this is a cut n paste from my sql database showing some of the files that won't get marked.
i tried this.
i marked i bunch of unmarked files, exported with the version of your script that i now have installed and got this new format in my xml file

<file Count="1" Id="2830" lastPlayed="2012-06-08 20:41:19">s04e01 EPT 4 - Barcelona Day 1.flv</file>
<file Count="1" Id="2831" lastPlayed="2012-06-08 20:41:19">s04e02 EPT 4 - Barcelona Day 2.flv</file>
<file Count="1" Id="2832" lastPlayed="2012-06-08 20:41:19">s04e03 EPT 4 - Barcelona Final Table.flv</file>

Then i went back, unmarked the episodes and then imported the new file.
But the files did not get marked from the import, so there should not be an version bug, must be related to the season, episode in the beginning.

gonna try renaming some of the files and try again.
<file Count="1" Id="3466" lastPlayed="2012-06-08 20:51:31">EPT 4 s04e03 - Barcelona Final Table.flv</file>
<file Count="1" Id="3465" lastPlayed="2012-06-08 20:51:31">EPT 4 s04e02 - Barcelona Day 2.flv</file>
<file Count="1" Id="3464" lastPlayed="2012-06-08 20:51:30">EPT 4 s04e01 - Barcelona Day 1.flv</file>

when i renamed the files the export and import worked.
must definitely be the s**e** in the beginning that is the problem
Thanks for all the testing narrowing down the problem mcfrojd!
I'll try to find out why the s**e** in the beginning is causing the problem.
Would be nice if this addon can be used in the future to trigger an action to mark shows, watched on different devices, as watched in XBMC.

Maybe populate a file with the name or write a file with the "episode name".watched in the same folder and have the addon refresh daily
and mark those shows as watched in XBMC.
Interesting idea rterblanche but I think that would create quite a mess in the folders with the extra files, I don't know about you but I like to keep my folders clean. Smile
And to set up some automatic cleaning of the .watched files would be difficult I think.

If you have multiple devices running XBMC in the same local network I would recommend setting up a central database.
You right you don't want the file to stay there.

Add-on can remove the file when it has read it. That means it's just a way of changing the watched status from externally with interfacing
directly to XBMC.

Might even work to mark media as unwatched.

My problem is I watch some of the media from my tv that cannot work through XBMC. Can only read the media shares directly or through
serviio and I was thinking for sending the watched status to XBMC and the easiest might be through a add-on like this that already updates
the that status by means of file.

Ah I see what you are after then, but then I think you could use the nfo-files for that, there you can also set playcount.
I'm not sure but I think you could have one with only the playcount tag set so it updates that value.
Have a look here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp..._nfo_Files
MMmmmmmm

Will work for movies but TV Series doesn't support watched as far as I can see in the XML. Might just not have
been updated in the Wiki.
Both TV Shows and TV Episode have the <playcount> tag.
For the Shows it a bit further down in the xml doc in the wiki though.
mcfrojd I uploaded a new version (1.3.2) it should fix your problem with the files starting with sXXeXX.
It's just a temporary fix until I find out the real culprit behind it all and can squash it.
This is probably obvious to many, but to those (like myself) who were getting script errors on import:

You must move or copy the exported .xml file ("watched.xml") from the current XBMC database folder to the XBMC database folder of the desired profile. This might be in an entirely different XBMC folder (on another machine, for example) but it might also be in a different profile folder of the same XBMC folder. I had assumed that the exported file could be read by a different profile on the same machine, but that's not so. I had to copy the "watched.xml" file from the main database (written to by my main profile) to the profile's own database. Then it can be correctly imported.

I wrote a quick applescript to do the file move, since I want to keep the watched status sync'd between my home setup and my laptop setup. When I return from a trip, I want to make sure my two machines' watched statuses are in sync. Of course, it doesn't handle conflicts, but that's not needed in my case.

Again, this is only necessary if you're updating the watched status of a different machine or profile, not if you're just using this add-on to update watched status on the same machine/profile after, say, a database re-import.

Thanks for the nice add-on. I sure hope it can be integrated into an upcoming version of XBMC.
Thanks for your input chicowoodhill!
Ya the intention of this script was mainly what you described in the end but nice that you found other uses for it.

I'll look into the script error from missing file, at least it should be a more helpful message there.
I've been thinking about adding a path option to let you save the xml in any location, maybe that will make things easier.
(2012-07-16, 08:58)Fox Wrote: Thanks for your input chicowoodhill!
Ya the intention of this script was mainly what you described in the end but nice that you found other uses for it.

I'll look into the script error from missing file, at least it should be a more helpful message there.
I've been thinking about adding a path option to let you save the xml in any location, maybe that will make things easier.

That would be cool. Let the default stay as it is but allow the user to select an alternative read/write location.

Nice job as it stands.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEAD] Watched Data Export/Import - Programs Addon2