DDS - 12.3 Frodo - 10.8.3
Hey Team,

Registered an account after I swear about 1-2 hours of searching google and reading threads. Everything I've read have been dated back in 2009-2011 and isn't very relevant right now. We are having an issue with the fan art loading extremely slow. I've installed the system on 7 different Mac Mini, they are all doing the same thing but the Mac Mini at my house does not have a slow Bluray Album flow.

So far from my understanding in the research, if I enable .dds it's a smaller compressed version of the fanart for bluray album and it will smooth out the scrolling if someone holds down the scroll button.

The issue is majority of the instructions listed online are for windows. I can't find the "advancesetting.xml" on a mac to enable the "true" setting for .dds fanart.

Is there anyone out there that can offer some support?

I'll reimburse you your time, via paypal.

Quick Info:

-Mac Mini, 16GB RAM Each x7
- Frodo 12.3
-Aeon Nox Skin

We also can't install the maintenance tool those guides are out of date. Apparently we need to clean the cache out as safe measures.

Thanks guys.

p.s - If theres a thread I didn't read post the link here and I'll read it. We aren't trying to waste anyones time.

thank you.
Update :
advancesetting.xml does not exist unless we create it.

does anyone know the list of commands I need to enable Compressed DDS fanart for Bluerays? this is pretty much the only setting I need inside of this
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml
This is all advanced settings options I believe.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
yeah, so far I created my own

advancesettings.xml

added the
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>

trying to see what else can increase performance

this is what my advnacesettings.xml look like right now:
<advancesettings>

<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>

</advancesettings>
a) It's advancedsettings.xml
b) I can almost guarantee dds fanart won't solve your problem
c) You need to post the debug log while experiencing the slow loading of fanart http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47124
Thanks for the feedback.

What about downloading the stuff locally to the computer without it having to search the internet for the bluray art?

I have no access to the logs. And if DDS is not going to fix it, locally storing the images will
All fanart is locally cached on the computer, and XBMC won't pull from the internet each time. Everyone has access to debug logs. XBMC can e-mail you the debug logs from within XBMC when you use the debug log add-on. See the link: debug log (wiki).
(2014-02-19, 01:38)EIT Miami Wrote: Thanks for the feedback.

What about downloading the stuff locally to the computer without it having to search the internet for the bluray art?

I have no access to the logs. And if DDS is not going to fix it, locally storing the images will

The logs should be stored in ~/Library/Logs
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DDS - 12.3 Frodo - 10.8.31