• 105(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
(2017-12-04, 03:51)greektycoon Wrote: i have tested indago backup and it has issues too ........  error at final backup anyone  can also confirm ..... 17.6 kodi

That is a banned addon (wiki) (even if you can't spell it), so please do not discuss it here. Also anything like that on your device immediately means it is not eligible for any support here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
For anyone with issues please check here for the status of the GitHub Issue on it. Pull request open with Kodi repo right now. Alternative methods to fix are to install for master branch on GitHub manually. Really sorry for all the issues. The googleapi addon was updated recently with some breaking changes for the current Backup version in the repo. Since the addon.xml file still had the older googleapi version listed I didn't think this would be a breaking change. In any case, hopefully it's resolved quickly. 

https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/120
(2017-12-04, 17:11)robweber Wrote: For anyone with issues please check here for the status of the GitHub Issue on it. Pull request open with Kodi repo right now. Alternative methods to fix are to install for master branch on GitHub manually. Really sorry for all the issues. The googleapi addon was updated recently with some breaking changes for the current Backup version in the repo. Since the addon.xml file still had the older googleapi version listed I didn't think this would be a breaking change. In any case, hopefully it's resolved quickly. 

No worries, thanks for the quick response and fix. Much appreciated!
(2017-12-04, 20:50)wags1 Wrote:
(2017-12-04, 17:11)robweber Wrote: For anyone with issues please check here for the status of the GitHub Issue on it. Pull request open with Kodi repo right now. Alternative methods to fix are to install for master branch on GitHub manually. Really sorry for all the issues. The googleapi addon was updated recently with some breaking changes for the current Backup version in the repo. Since the addon.xml file still had the older googleapi version listed I didn't think this would be a breaking change. In any case, hopefully it's resolved quickly. 

No worries, thanks for the quick response and fix. Much appreciated! 
Yes, really. +1

Current GitHub update working. I was still getting an error after the update. Resetting backup resolved the issue.

ThanksSmile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
Hi everyone,

I confirm the bug is solved by using the latest github release as mentionned by Blurayx : https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/

I installed it by downloading the zip file, then in Kodi i went to Add-ons, click on the box icon in the top and then "install from zip file.
how about for Kodi 16.1 ? please advice ....thanks
Hi Rob, I've been running your essential addon for a few years with no problems on my Raspberry Pi 2 with Libreelec Krypton 14.3 (I think). however today when I fired up I got the msg Backup Error, check log for details. Well for a start I could find the log! I tried removing and reinstalling, any ideas? Cheers,
Steve
(2017-12-05, 17:56)startreksteve Wrote: Hi Rob, I've been running your essential addon for a few years with no problems on my Raspberry Pi 2 with Libreelec Krypton 14.3 (I think). however today when I fired up I got the msg Backup Error, check log for details. Well for a start I could find the log! I tried removing and reinstalling, any ideas? Cheers,
Steve
Have you read the posts above yours?
If you've installed from the kodi repo you're presumably on version 1.09. You can install an update from github or wait for the update to make its way into the official repo.
(2017-12-05, 18:02)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-12-05, 17:56)startreksteve Wrote: Hi Rob, I've been running your essential addon for a few years with no problems on my Raspberry Pi 2 with Libreelec Krypton 14.3 (I think). however today when I fired up I got the msg Backup Error, check log for details. Well for a start I could find the log! I tried removing and reinstalling, any ideas? Cheers,
Steve
Have you read the posts above yours?
If you've installed from the kodi repo you're presumably on version 1.09. You can install an update from github or wait for the update to make its way into the official repo. 
Duh! yeah, just did that!
To much rushing as backup is overdue!
Installed and working now, phew!
Must read other posts first!!

Steve
Having a very hard time doing this on the fire stick, says no file
(2017-12-06, 02:39)Stugots2 Wrote: Having a very hard time doing this on the fire stick, says no file
Having a hard time doing what exactly?
downloading the file from github
Last update (https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/) work fine on my Kodi 17.6.
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10