• 110(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
Hey everyone, I've been a bit sparse on the Kodi forum posts for a few months here. I'm involved in a master's degree course (Data Science) in addition to my day job so my open source projects typically see less responses while the semester is in session. I'm just wrapping things up now and plan to dedicate more time this summer to issues and enhancements to this addon. Just wanted to let everyone know I didn't abandon the project. I'll be reviewing posts here and issues on Github in more detail very soon. Thanks to others that have stepped in to answer questions.
Hi @robweber

Is there anyway to get the MyVideos107.db file to stick on a restore?

I’m running LibreELEC and can’t get it to copy over.

Thanks.
I think I'm having the same problem as ed_davidson01 (although I am on a Windows 7 pc). Some (but not all) of the .db files fail to restore. I see lines like this in the debug log:

08:28:51.472 T:2868   DEBUG: script.xbmcbackup-1.1.2: Writing file: C:/Users/Mel/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/cache/201805170745/userdata/Database/MyVideos107.db
08:28:51.473 T:2868   ERROR: XFILE::CFile:: Delete - Error deleting file C:\Users\Mel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\MyVideos107.db

The entire log is here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/gv7DXfmxWV/
(2018-05-17, 18:39)MHSwizzleStick Wrote: I think I'm having the same problem as ed_davidson01 (although I am on a Windows 7 pc). Some (but not all) of the .db files fail to restore. I see lines like this in the debug log:

08:28:51.472 T:2868   DEBUG: script.xbmcbackup-1.1.2: Writing file: C:/Users/Mel/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/cache/201805170745/userdata/Database/MyVideos107.db
08:28:51.473 T:2868   ERROR: XFILE::CFile:: Delete - Error deleting file C:\Users\Mel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\MyVideos107.db

The entire log is here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/gv7DXfmxWV/
 That is interesting, I'm thinking the database must be in use when it's trying to overwrite the existing one. This is behavior I've not seen before. I see skinshortcuts is doing some queries on the database, I wonder if these are keeping the file open? I'll have to do some testing. Hoping this isn't a condition that will happen on the regular. Might need a new way of dealing with the DB files if that is the case.
That’s exactly the problem. The database is in use. It’s the same in Windows if you use explorer to rename or overwrite while kodi is open it won’t work.

Not sure of a workaround.
Been thumping my head against the wall on this one for a while. The OS has the DB locked so without closing Kodi I'm not sure what can be done. Since the addon runs from within Kodi it kind of makes things useless from this perspective. With all the great new skins using interactive elements there is just way more DB activity than there used to be, happening at infrequent times. 

Any ideas feel free to toss them out.
From a friend:

If it's in use and locked all you can do is overwrite all the tables one by one.

The emby for kodi addon takes over the whole of kodi including deleting the database and using it as its own.
That might give you some clues.
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby
Hi, ive used the backup for many years, however i have never had any restores work (either on openELEC or Windows, so is this a bug?

I backup everything, with no compression, when i do a restore, at best it puts some shortcuts back, seems to install the addons (like video AddOns) but there all disabled, the skins isnt restored.

Its faster for me to do a new install, then copy the %appdata%\kodi folder manually over to the new install (which puts the new install back identically to my original PC), so is the backup not working?
Many Thanks
Ashley

© Copyright 2016 - www.ashleygriffin.ca
I have an odd request - Is there a way I can delay the Backup addon on boot?  

My Odroid box (Ubuntu 16.04) does not have an RTC battery, so it needs to pull time and date info from the NTP service.  It takes about 45 seconds to that.  Until that completes, it thinks it's 2016.  Backup then tags the next backup data as +7 days.  Then when NTP service updates the clock, Backup thinks "Hey, it's past X+7, so let's run the backup."  This happens on EVERY restart, so it's a little painful, especially when I'm rebooting to test other updates and configuration changes.
Hi all, I just installed the Kodi Beta and am trying to restore my backup from Alpha 3. It fails on "copying zip file". Here are the relevant lines from the log:

*MOD EDIT*

Use a pastebin website near you for log files/snippets.

Hoping someone has an idea.
(2018-09-09, 04:27)nokaoi Wrote: Here are the relevant lines from the log:
Which part of the request in bold red text "Do not post logs in the forum. Use https: // paste.ubuntu.com/ or similar" just above the "Post Reply" button is unclear to you..?

We try to keep the forum 'lean and mean', but right now you are not helping.
Sad 
There is apparently no way of deleting a post on this forum? In which case, might as well make it useful to some newbie having the same problem as I describe below.

THE PROBLEM:
First time user...I don't seem to be getting the same result as a lot of youtube tutorials show for this backup add-on?
I did the back from my Android box in a location on my PC's hard drive (SMB). Everything seemed to be going ok and I can in fact verify that my hard drive how has an additional Kodi backup folder with content.
Problem happens when restoring....
I had in fact made three backups. I believe one was a full backup of pretty much everything and two others were for the library only.
I'm trying to do the full restore but when I click the Restore option in the Backup add-on with the proper path selected, it shows me a blank in the "Backup Folder Name" window?? My only option is to Cancel!
And this is also true for the two other backups of my library. Anybody know what's going on?? 

THE SOLUTION:
In the Backup add-on Settings page, under remote path, select the parent folder of the backup folder and NOT the backup folder itself! (exact name of items and menu names may change depending on the version you're using when reading this)
Hi everybody! Having my first ever problem with this fantastic addon.
It always worked flawlessly, until updated from Kodi 17.6 to 18.3beta (Win 7 x64 machine). It immediately give me an error when starting kodi, nevertheless settings are accessible.
Tried to uninstall addon - data included - reinstall it from both kodi repo and github either 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 version. Also tried to reinstall kodi, nothing worked so far.
Could you guys please take a look at my log and point me to a resolution?
Thx

Log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/NcdS97BKwF/
@FlashOne

Your log file is infested with banned addons (wiki). As per Kodi forum rules (wiki) and subsequent piracy policy, you either completely clean up your Kodi system before you get support here, of you find your support elsewhere outside this forum.
Rainbow 
Re: https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/5...gle_drive/

Followed above instructions to successfully input Client ID and Secret.
But on #13, running Backup menu prompts me to go back to the Settings menu to input the Auth key without displaying a window for typing. The Kodi log doesn't have any Google Auth URL either.

I could submit a log but how much detail is needed? I installed the official addon version on Leia beta2.

The alternative is to backup on the HD and upload to Gdrive/Dropbox and get a public URL for easy download/restore. But my LibreElec/CoreElec has no browser...the Remote Path in the Tool can't accept URLs?
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10