• 94(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
Hi Rob,

I have Kodi 16 and Backup 1.0.8. Since a couple of days, when I start Kodi I have 'Backup error'
I check settings in Backup (backup is doing on local) and everything is ok.
I try to desinstall backup, reinstall, but still the same...
thanks for help support, I don't know what's going wrong.
I'm running this on spmc on an amazon fire tv, have it set up to backup everything to my server, but I am getting an error message saying 'not all files were copied'. Checking the backup file itself, there were add-ons missing. That was a couple of days ago, I am now also getting the 'backup error' that other people are reporting
Emby, NVIDIA Shield, QNAP
backup worked for me on friday on two media players with kodi

today i just got this backup addon error "backup error check the log file for more information "
i installed "log viewer for kodi " and the log shows 'syntax error 'invalid syntax '. i had just also got kodi working on my iphone with cydia installer and the backup addon has the same error message and same syntax error in the log file. i am guessing this addon needs to connect to some external server and the connection failed or issue with remote server ? just my guess as two devices doing the same thing with backup addon so i'm convinced its not a problem with two devices. must be some other common problem
Sad Yeah, something isn't working right with the Backup Program Addon. Hopefully, the admins and programmers can get it up and running soon. So for now I will avoid doing any new add-ons and keep the status quo on my Android TV box.
just tried my 2nd android media player which i used 'backup' friday
it gave the same error

so this is same error in 2 android media players and one ios / iphone running kodi backup addon
(2017-01-23, 04:56)CalCal23 Wrote: Sad Yeah, something isn't working right with the Backup Program Addon. Hopefully, the admins and programmers can get it up and running soon. So for now I will avoid doing any new add-ons and keep the status quo on my Android TV box.

To back up your build copy the hidden .kodi folder, mine is located here sdcard >Android >data >org.xbmc.kodi >files >.kodi
Yes, keep getting the error on Kodi startup.... "backup error check the log file"
The backtrace. I'm betting on a Python 2.6 vs. 2.7 issue.

Code:
16:50:22.118 T:1498388768   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('/sdcard/xbmc_data/.spmc/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/dropbox/rest.py', 415, 43, '    utf8_params = {encode(k): encode(v) for k, v in params.iteritems()}\n'))
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/sdcard/xbmc_data/.spmc/addons/script.xbmcbackup/scheduler.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.backup import XbmcBackup
                                              File "/sdcard/xbmc_data/.spmc/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/backup.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                from vfs import XBMCFileSystem,DropboxFileSystem,ZipFileSystem,GoogleDriveFilesystem
                                              File "/sdcard/xbmc_data/.spmc/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/vfs.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                from dropbox import client, rest, session
                                              File "/sdcard/xbmc_data/.spmc/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/dropbox/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                from . import client, rest, session
                                              File "/sdcard/xbmc_data/.spmc/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/dropbox/client.py", line 22, in <module>
                                                from .rest import ErrorResponse, RESTClient, params_to_urlencoded
                                            SyntaxError: ('invalid syntax', ('/sdcard/xbmc_data/.spmc/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/dropbox/rest.py', 415, 43, '    utf8_params = {encode(k): encode(v) for k, v in params.iteritems()}\n'))
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2017-01-23, 05:51)MetalChris Wrote: You could try downloading the previous version (1.0.6) and see if that works for you. Just make sure you turn off automatic updates first, or you'll be right back to the same problem.

This was the only thing that fixed this problem for me. Otherwise it will not open at all. I am using the android version on a fire tv.

I would also like to request that if not backing up thumbnails is selected, that it will also ignore thumbnails in the profile folders.
I use two profiles and it is backing up several hundred megabytes of thumbnails that I would prefer not to be backed up.
all my 3 devices with kodi have jarvis 16.1
i will try to find the old version
(2017-01-23, 15:00)traitt Wrote: all my 3 devices with kodi have jarvis 16.1
i will try to find the old version

Not the old version of kodi, just the previous version of this addon. The link to the previous version of the addon is right here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/scr...-1.0.6.zip
that's what i meant
I just got a GitHub issue about this as well. I wonder if it only affects the Android versions of Kodi - can anyone confirm errors on a non-android version? I usually test on my systems which are Windows and LibreElec.

If anyone has log files or other specific error information please post it here - https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/issues/94
Hi Rob. Works fine for me on Windows 7 JARVIS 16.1
I have 2 android devices had the error. one ios/iphone had the error. for my windows device running kodi it upgraded automatically to backup
1.0.8 and it did NOT have the error[/code]
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10