•   
  • 116(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
(2019-09-12, 15:08)robweber Wrote:
(2019-09-12, 14:24)ASDasfasfdasfas Wrote: Hey Rob, thanks for your hard work on this. I haven't been able to get local storage, network storage or Google Drive storage to work. I either get the error 'Destination may not be writable' and then 'Bcakup complete, some files may not have been written'; OR 'Backup error - check log'.

I can't see anything in the logs (not sure if I need to turn logging on for the add-on. Am I doing something wrong?

I can understand Google Drive being a bit difficult to setup but local and network storage should work fairly easily. It uses the same file system components that Kodi itself uses to traverse those kinds of file systems. 

If you can, turn on debug logging (Settings->System->Logging) and then run the addon. Post the result to something like https://paste.kodi.tv/. It will have info in it that would be helpful in trying to figure out what is going on. 

Thanks for your reply. I found an add-on called Kodi Logfile Uploader (for any other noob else who comes across this thread). See the log at: vesimomosi (paste), line 1733 for the good stuff.
Looks like the program is erroring out right at the start when trying to log the remote path information. It's a Unicode error. Does your remote path have any non-ascii characters in it?
(2019-09-15, 17:45)robweber Wrote: Looks like the program is erroring out right at the start when trying to log the remote path information. It's a Unicode error. Does your remote path have any non-ascii characters in it?

Nope – Smb://192.168.1.3/John Smith's Public Folder. Same error if I use a USB stick in the back of the NVidia TV.
(Yesterday, 00:20)ASDasfasfdasfas Wrote:
(2019-09-15, 17:45)robweber Wrote: Looks like the program is erroring out right at the start when trying to log the remote path information. It's a Unicode error. Does your remote path have any non-ascii characters in it?

Nope – Smb://192.168.1.3/John Smith's Public Folder. Same error if I use a USB stick in the back of the NVidia TV. 

I tried making a couple of folders with odd characters to duplicate the error and I couldn't. What regional setting are you using? I saw it load the en_gb language file but figured it's worth asking just to make sure I have the same settings. Only thing I didn't try specifically was using an Android device as well, I could just haven't yet. What is the path if you're using a USB stick? 

If you're comfortable doing it just commenting out line 147 in the lib/resources/backup.py file would at least get you past that error to see if something else is going on. It's just a log line so it wouldn't affect anything. I really can't get that error to duplicate no matter what I seem to try, but if you can get past it perhaps another error will shed some light on what's going on there.
  •   
  • 116(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)510