• 122(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
(2020-02-15, 10:15)ntilikp Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 16:25)robweber Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 03:22)themusj Wrote: Thou are the man on this one! After you suggested that I found the Wiki which states the Backup Add-on does indeed include the guisettings.xml. So my tweaks to the skin should be restore able from the backup

Config Files - sources.xml, guisettings.xml, advancedsettings.xml, etc

If you have more questions on what is included in specific selection items you can refer to "File Selection Options" on this page as well: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/w...figuration  
How can I install the latest version from file manager? It's the only way I can add add-ons to my xbox one Kodi app unfortunately 

What version of Kodi does the Xbox One app run?
(2020-02-21, 20:15)robweber Wrote:
(2020-02-15, 10:15)ntilikp Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 16:25)robweber Wrote: If you have more questions on what is included in specific selection items you can refer to "File Selection Options" on this page as well: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/w...figuration  
How can I install the latest version from file manager? It's the only way I can add add-ons to my xbox one Kodi app unfortunately  

I know it's leia, but I can find the specific version number tonight
I'd opened this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351728 before finding this one. The problem was a folder named "lixo" that was in the folder used by the plugin to backup. Maybe this should be fixed.
(2020-02-21, 23:57)ntilikp Wrote:
(2020-02-21, 20:15)robweber Wrote:
(2020-02-15, 10:15)ntilikp Wrote: How can I install the latest version from file manager? It's the only way I can add add-ons to my xbox one Kodi app unfortunately  

I know it's leia, but I can find the specific version number tonight  

Leia is good enough. The Kodi repo for Leia contains Backup version 1.1.3. This version is actually pushed up from the Krypton repo. The Matrix version of Kodi currently has 1.6.1. This is because of the rules surrounding the Python 2 to 3 conversion. Anything submitted to the Leia repository must be both Python 2 and Python 3 compatible. 1.1.3 is Python 2 only while 1.6.1 is Python 3 only.

Is it possible to install an addon from a ZIP file via a USB drive or something? I'm unfamilair with the limitations of the Xbox One app. You could attempt to install version 1.5.3 from a zip download. It's the highest that will work on Leia as it's Python 2 as well.
(2020-02-22, 01:53)gilsonsjc Wrote: I'd opened this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351728 before finding this one. The problem was a folder named "lixo" that was in the folder used by the plugin to backup. Maybe this should be fixed.

Weird issue. I added a disclaimer in the Wiki regarding the management of file paths. I'm not going to add any additional logic surrounding this in the folder listing or rotation parts of the addon. What I added is below:

Please Note: The Backup addon manages all files/folders under the chosen directory. It will read/write/delete files and folders from here as needed to create backups and keep your retention policies. If you add additional files and folders to this subdirectory you may experience issues. You are better off creating a separate directory for this addon within your chosen folder than choosing a folder with other information in it.
Is there a way to backup to Google Drive? If so, what is the backup add-on version I need to use and where can I find how to set it up? Thanks!
Hi,
  I  was wondering if any one could help me with this. 

I religiously backup with BACKUP every week.  I have all directory options turned on other than fanart.  I had to delete my Kodi setup the other day and I reloaded it from a fresh copy of 18.6.  I installed backup, set it up and restored back.  I was surprised to see it doesn't restore the skin that was active.  Can anyone tell what other directories I need to include in the setup of Backup.  I am using windows 10. 

cheers

John
@dawsonjw

Have a read here and check out the Windows section... https://kodi.wiki/view/Backup
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-21, 05:31)Karellen Wrote: @dawsonjw

Have a read here and check out the Windows section... https://kodi.wiki/view/Backup

Thanks for that.

Cheers

John
(2020-03-23, 11:28)dawsonjw Wrote:
(2020-03-21, 05:31)Karellen Wrote: @dawsonjw

Thanks for that.

Cheers

John 
Which backup option did you use that lost your skin?

How are you backing up now, to include your skin?
@dawsonjw - just reading through your post. If you backed up all your addons and then did a restore are things just as simple as re-enabling the skin? When the addons are put back you still need to enable them all yourself manually. This is a security feature of Kodi so stuff you don't know about it isn't getting installed by just dumping to the addons folder. Could be that it's in the right folder, you just didn't re-enable it.
Hi, 
I'm using kodi 18.6 + last version of the backup plugin available.
I have scheduled my backups once by week, all running fine and all them compressed.
After a few issues with my box (meecol ki pro) I decided to downgrade the firmware release, from a version 2019 to a version 2018 where both are android 7.
So, reinstalled kodi, installed the backup plugin and try to restore, not working!!
Is failing, with error : 
Code:
Error Type: <class 'zipfile.BadZipfile'>
Error Contents: File is not a zip file

I tried more than one backup file and all failing. 

full log here: pawafasage.kodi (paste)

The zip files are ok, I can open them with Total Commander.
What I do? I lost all my configuration!? 
Could de firmware downgrade affect the way how they read the zip files!?? there is no sense ....
(2020-03-25, 21:49)ceinmart Wrote: Hi, 
I have scheduled my backups once by week, all running fine and all them compressed.
After a few issues with my box (meecol ki pro) I decided to downgrade the firmware release, from a version 2019 to a version 2018 where both are android 7.
So, reinstalled kodi, installed the backup plugin and try to restore, not working!!
Is failing, with error : 
Code:

Could de firmware downgrade affect the way how they read the zip files!?? there is no sense ....
Have you tried unzipping the contents and importing your config from a folder?  I know there was an issue importing zip files a short time ago and this was the workaround.
That is correct. Something about certain versions of Android where they will generate a zip file but refuse to read them back in. I think the size of the zip file may have something to do with it but I've never gotten a reliable test using my Samsung Android phone. I've always gotten them to work with that. 

I would do as suggested though. Just unzip them and put the unzipped file either A) in a local directory on the device and point the Backup addon to it or b) in the original directory and select the non-zipped file. 
(2020-03-27, 19:38)Skirge01 Wrote:
Is failing, with error : 
Code:

Have you tried unzipping the contents and importing your config from a folder?  I know there was an issue importing zip files a short time ago and this was the workaround.  
(2020-03-27, 22:40)robweber Wrote: That is correct. Something about certain versions of Android where they will generate a zip file but refuse to read them back in. I think the size of the zip file may have something to do with it but I've never gotten a reliable test using my Samsung Android phone. I've always gotten them to work with that. 

I would do as suggested though. Just unzip them and put the unzipped file either A) in a local directory on the device and point the Backup addon to it or b) in the original directory and select the non-zipped file. 
(2020-03-27, 19:38)Skirge01 Wrote:
Is failing, with error : 
Code:

Hi, I unzip manually and restore it!
Thanks
I created a backup in Dropbox from Xiaomi Mi Box 3 with Kodi Leia 18.6 but I can't restore my backup.

Log: "BadZipfile: File is not a zip file". I installed 1.5.3 Krypton version but the problem is the same.

Where is my backup in Dropbox? I would like unzip manually but I search in my all Dropbox files and I can't found it.

Thanks in advance.
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10