• 128(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-08-10, 10:36)DarrenHill Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hope I have done it correctly

https://paste.kodi.tv/qibuneyoto.kodi

Regards
(2021-08-10, 21:51)JaztheRaz Wrote:
(2021-08-10, 10:36)DarrenHill Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

Regards

So can somebody tell me why Backup will not run,

Also cant see how to uninstall and reinstall, there is just the option the disable?

Regards
(2021-08-12, 01:13)JaztheRaz Wrote:
(2021-08-10, 21:51)JaztheRaz Wrote:

2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

Regards

Also cant see how to uninstall and reinstall, there is just the option the disable?

Regards
Found how to uninstall, have reinstalled and is now working

Regards
(2021-08-12, 01:22)JaztheRaz Wrote:
(2021-08-12, 01:13)JaztheRaz Wrote:
(2021-08-10, 21:51)JaztheRaz Wrote: Hope I have done it correctly

Regards

Regards
Found how to uninstall, have reinstalled and is now working

Regards
Glad you got it working. The error was due to the pyqrcode module not being installed. Re-install should make sure all dependencies are downloaded so makes sense that would fix it. Sorry the delay - for some reason notifications from this thread didn't come through.
Hi ALL,

I use BACKUP to backup my Kodi before my Movie server crashed, what file in the backup folder contains my movie list?

Any help will be appreciated.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Hey! I am looking forward for the dropbox fix, but it has been unreleased since April. Is there a way of bulding and installing the beta channel so I can enjoy the fix already? Thanks!
Hi all,

This may be a longshot but asking nonetheless.

I have upgraded my Android TV and thus Kodi. The previous Kodi version was Jarvis (was not able to upgrade beyond that) and the new one is Matrix.

I took a backup prior and looking to restore. Get the warning about different Kodi versions and then an immediate error stating restore failed.

Is it possible to manipulate the backup data to allow a valid restore?

Thanks in advance,
Alan
(2021-10-16, 08:21)AlanM Wrote: Hi all,

This may be a longshot but asking nonetheless.

I have upgraded my Android TV and thus Kodi. The previous Kodi version was Jarvis (was not able to upgrade beyond that) and the new one is Matrix.

I took a backup prior and looking to restore. Get the warning about different Kodi versions and then an immediate error stating restore failed.

Is it possible to manipulate the backup data to allow a valid restore?

Thanks in advance,
Alan
Kodi 16 Jarvis is quite an old version of Kodi.

I think your best bet will be to install a Kodi 16 fork if you can find one and restore your build into that if you want to keep using your existing build.

You can have a Kodi 16 fork and latest Kodi 19.2 installed on the same device at the same time and select which version of Kodi you want to run.

Doing this would mean you could keep and run your old build using Kodi 16 fork, while starting a new build using Kodi 19.2.
Alan, I recently updated from Leia to Matrix. It is a LibreELEC fork but wouldn't update via the UI. I had to manually place Matrix in the Kodi update folder. Connect over the network (type the address, preceded by \\ in Win Explorer) all the kodi folders should appear. Reboot with Matrix in the update folder.
Having said that as Jeffers said, from Jarvis you may need to install Leia, then Matrix.
Also be aware that Leia is Python 2 based, and Matrix is Python 3 based. This means that addons (which are written in Python) are not compatible between the two.

So any addons backed up from Leia will not directly work when restored into Matrix. Those which have Matrix versions available should auto-update (if a suitable repo source is installed), but anything without an update or installed directly from a zip file will fail and be disabled.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you all for your recommendations.

I think I'll rescan from scratch with Matrix. I was hoping to keep the DB with content and watched status so as to not reset and go through the process of confirming media.

Still have access to the old TV so if there are other suggestions - possibly exporting this detail via a different method - open to suggestions.

Add-ons I'm fine with reinstalling. Really just the content management i was looking to keep. Apologies, should have mentioned that.

Thanks again,
Alan
Hi Everyone,

Because we like forum posts that don't have an ending here is an update;

Installed a Jarvis .apk on an old Android tablet. Restored saved backup from TV. Updated Kodi on tablet to Matrix which updated the DB, etc. Ran a backup from tablet. Restored new backup on new TV.

All working well. I should have originally thought of that.

Appreciate your time and suggestions.

Cheers,
Alan
Hi, I have a WebDAV filesystem as backup destination which has some problems, logs are filled with

json:
2021-10-24 14:00:06.160 T:21435   ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 405
2021-10-24 14:00:06.160 T:21435   ERROR <general>: Create - Unable to create dav directory (dav://<serverip>:8000/202110241359/addons/) - 405
2021-10-24 14:00:06.160 T:21435   ERROR <general>: Create - Error creating dav://<serverip>:8000/202110241359/addons/

2021-10-24 14:00:06.167 T:21435   ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 409
2021-10-24 14:00:06.167 T:21435   ERROR <general>: Create - Unable to create dav directory (dav://<serverip>:8000/202110241359/addons/metadata.common.musicbrainz.org) - 409
2021-10-24 14:00:06.167 T:21435   ERROR <general>: Create - Error creating dav://<serverip>:8000/202110241359/addons/metadata.common.musicbrainz.org

Server is Nginx with WebDAV

json:

2021/10/24 14:00:05 [error] 2584#2584: *2 mkdir() "/mnt/202110241359/addons" failed (17: File exists), client: <clientip>, server: , request: "MKCOL /202110241359/addons/ HTTP/1.1", host: "<serverip>:8000"
2021/10/24 14:00:05 [error] 2584#2584: *8 MKCOL can create a collection only, client: <clientip>, server: , request: "MKCOL /202110241359/addons/metadata.common.musicbrainz.org HTTP/1.1", host: "<serverip>:8000"

For 409 response I think problem is that MKCOL requires trailing slash in request which is missing for some reason. For 405 request trailing slash is there but I don't know why it differs from other request without slash or why directory already exists and why it fails.

Unfortunately I don't know if these problems are caused by Backup plugin (providing the file/directory paths) or Kodi WebDAV implementation (intepreting the files/directories as URLs/WebDAV operations)
I have been running Kodi on a mac for some time but am now moving to an Nvidia Shield.

I was running 18.9 on the mac. Tried doing a backup from this, which seemed to work.

Then tried to restore that backup into Kodi running on the Nvidia Shield (which seems to be version 19.2). This failed. I wondered if this was because I was trying to go between 18 and 19, so I updated Kodi on my mac to 19.3, it seemed to migrate my stuff ok, and once again did a backup.

Still having no luck restoring this into Kodi on the Nvidia Shield though. Is there anything obvious I'm missing - should I expect this to work or are there currently problems? Would I be better off side-loading 18.9 onto the shield for now?
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10