Linux Kind of stuck
I'm very new to xbmc but I have a mini laptop hp mini 1151nr . I was looking to setup xbmc up on it for my son to connect to our desktop computer and let him watch videos. My question is I have xbmc loaded but it acts as there is no network connectivity? Also I some how shrunk the screen so that it's only in the upper corner of the screen. Help?
You've windowed XBMC. Go to SYSTEM -> Settings->System->Video output and change display mode back to full screen.

Networking to your laptop...

System ->Settings->Network->Services

Enable "Share video...thru UPnp"

Setup SMB Client. WINS server is the IP address of your router...usually 192.168.1.1 (or some variation)

Then go to File manager and add the directory of your desktop where your vids are as a source.

Hope this gets you closer.
A keyboard shortcut to "window" XBMC is the backslash key " \ ". It should toggle between windowed and fullscreen.
(2012-04-22, 17:53)John410312 Wrote: You've windowed XBMC. Go to SYSTEM -> Settings->System->Video output and change display mode back to full screen.

Networking to your laptop...

System ->Settings->Network->Services

Enable "Share video...thru UPnp"

Setup SMB Client. WINS server is the IP address of your router...usually 192.168.1.1 (or some variation)

Then go to File manager and add the directory of your desktop where your vids are as a source.

Hope this gets you closer.

Thank you for the info. I have one other question - During setup it prompted me to connect to a wireless network, but I dont have my SSID Broadcasted, so I couldn't set one up manually. So after XBMC is loaded where do I go into connect to a wireless network?
Does this thread help?
(2012-04-23, 04:37)farmerdave Wrote: Does this thread help?

Awesome - Thanks a ton man!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kind of stuck0