No more file view?
Why was the decision made to combine the library view and the file view? That separation was my favorite feature, and one that I took full advantage of.

Did anyone think that not everyone likes the library view? I don't like it, and a lot of my videos don't have any/enough data to put in a library. Also, quite often I want to play a video that I don't want in the library and it makes no sense to take the steps now required to do so just for one temporary video. Is there any chance that XBMC will return to being like it used to be, like it still is on the Xbox? Or will I forever be stuck using an older version of XBMC?
Navigate to Videos, then Files
Run a stable version of Eden and you'll find file view is not only alive but has most of the features that used to be exclusively in the library... Set-up a folder to throw videos in... exclude library updates for that folder and all is good.

What's not to love...? Tell me about taking advantage of an older XBMC, and let's see if I can get you onboard!
(2012-10-03, 03:49)PatK Wrote: Run a stable version of Eden and you'll find file view is not only alive but has most of the features that used to be exclusively in the library... Set-up a folder to throw videos in... exclude library updates for that folder and all is good.

What's not to love...? Tell me about taking advantage of an older XBMC, and let's see if I can get you onboard!
Have you ever run Xbox Media Center on the Xbox?

From what I am able to see of the new XBMC4PC, I would best be served with an Xbox emulator that works. The unfortunate reality, is now that I have discovered my distaste for the modern version it changes my decision in purchasing a Raspberry Pi - to not. Not for media purposes anyway.

If I could get the interface to be like the Xbox, maybe with a few extra features, I would love it. Until then, meh. I am not much impressed.

To be fair, it is impressive how much polish went into it, and the expansiveness is quite a project... It's just not what I want to use.
You need to explain what it is that you don't like. Again, click on Videos and you're presented with a menu, one of which is Files. That's your old file view (though potentially prettier, should you wish it to be).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ZERO FUNCTIONALITY HAS BEEN REMOVED. Instead of a toggle for "mode" they are simply separated by "view". To make it 100% like before, go to

Settings -> Videos -> File Lists ->

and turn off "Replace file names with library titles"

But that will only matter if you tried to add anything to your library. You can always set your sources content type to "none" (via the contextual menu) and nothing will ever be added to the library, and you won't have to touch it at all. Not only that, but when you have nothing in the library, library nodes don't show up on the home screen, and instead you just have Files view.
(2012-10-03, 05:51)Ned Scott Wrote: ZERO FUNCTIONALITY HAS BEEN REMOVED. Instead of a toggle for "mode" they are simply separated by "view". To make it 100% like before, go to

Settings -> Videos -> File Lists ->

and turn off "Replace file names with library titles"

But that will only matter if you tried to add anything to your library. You can always set your sources content type to "none" (via the contextual menu) and nothing will ever be added to the library, and you won't have to touch it at all. Not only that, but when you have nothing in the library, library nodes don't show up on the home screen, and instead you just have Files view.

So what you're saying is that I can have separate [Movies/TV/Music Videos/Home Movies/Youtube] in the library? I have a samba server set up to share out several different shares, each containing it's own media... This will not jumble them together when in library mode?
yes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No more file view?0