teletext aspect ratio
hi pvr developers,

is it possible to have an option: "always display teletext as 4:3 aspect ratio" ?
so that when i switch to teletext the aspect ratio is 4:3 fixed and when i exit teletext the aspect ratio is restored or something.
i have a 60" screen and reading teletext is hard because of the 16:9 aspect ratio the spacing between the letters is too large.

Yes, teletext doesn't look nice. It's on the list of ToDos but there are other tasks with higher priority. Please be patient.
thank you for the relpy. i'll be patient Smile
@basco
@FernetMenta

I've submitted a Pull Request to fix the aspect ratio to be 4:3. Please test and comment.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1270
Great! Will do when back from holiday. Might be already merged then Smile
(2012-08-10, 18:57)FernetMenta Wrote: Great! Will do when back from holiday. Might be already merged then Smile
Assuming you are back from a great holiday now Smile Could you take a look at the PR, it's not been merged yet?
and please do not change the font to that old teletext style font. its terrible.
(2012-09-16, 15:17)basco Wrote: and please do not change the font to that old teletext style font. its terrible.
It's not part of the PR and I agree to the "ugly" and retro style, but it is displayed correctly and have the correct/full teletext character set. Been looking all over for GPLed teletext font and this was the best compromise I could come up with. Never mind, this is not related to 4:3 anyways...

Edit: The font thing could maybe be implemented as an selectable option either in the GUI or advancedsettings as "Teletext font: [Standard | Retro]".
Ok i tested it.
It works great.
Is the font selectable already?
I have noticed that the teletext overlay is not centered in the middle of the screen.
Could you Please change the font?
It scales awfull and it is not smooth.
Please take a look at e.g. a Samsung tv teletext. It uses a very smooth and clearly readable font.
Something like this but then free
http://www.ascendercorp.com/developers/d.../teletext/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
teletext aspect ratio0