• 7(current)
Broken Crunchyroll [DMCA Takedown]
I'll try it out, and post results

I guess Usagi and Ano Natsu where available, I know that Idolmaster does not... I'll try them all

Ok, tested:

1 - Ano Natsu:
- English subs
- Played, but got doubled subs (overlaped).

2 - "Another"
- Portuguese subtitles.

3 - The Idol Master, working
- English subs.

4 - Ixion Saga DT
- Portuguese subs

5 - Rio Rainbow Gate
- English subs

All played fine, except by the double subs on Ano Natsu

Thanks

Thanks, now I got it.

The reason that those videos were failing to playback to me (and then I tried to fix it without paying much attention) is that the Takeout here was configured to use a 480p stream and in those streams the videos I tested were all hardsubbed, and since the subs are already burned into the video, that's why there was no "embed" subs in the xml (only a link to a external one).

I've just reverted the file to the original code and set the plugin to the 720p stream, and on Usagi Drop it actually reverted to the English subs automatically.
Sorry by the trouble rcaimi, but you can revert the chunchyDec.py to the original, that workaround have failed. Blush

-------------------

So, the problem actually happens when Takeout is playing a hardsubbed video with no subs itself embed on the xml.
When Takeout checks the xml, it sees a link to a external sub (that is available, but deactivated by default on the website) and assume that it will contain an embed data with the subs, but then it try to load the inexistent embed sub and die because of that.

Then, to make Takeout check only for actually embed subs, I believe it have to be this:

\\plugin.video.crunchyroll-takeout\\resources\\lib\\crunchy_video.py
Code:
-                subtitles = soup.find('subtitles')
+                subtitles = soup.find('iv')

Now, when playing hardsubbed videos, Takeout will ignore the external linked and treat the video as if it didn't have any subs and play the file, and only try to work on the subs if it is really embed in the xml.

So, this way I believe that Takeout could play all the videos.

If available in the language configured in your Chunchyroll account, will use that language;
If not available in that language, Crunchyroll automatically will give the english one;
If the video is hardsubbed, will play it as normal. (<- The problem was happening here)

---
EDIT:

Could you try to play the Ano Natsu episode first without this modification (and without the modifications on chunchyDec.py) and see if it really don't play?
And then, if the video really don't play, try to apply the modification above?

Thanks.
Ok, crunchyDec.py original

1 - without .find('iv'): didn't play

2 - with .find('iv'): played fine, no double subtitles!

Seems to be working now!

Nice, thanks for testing rcaimi! Big Grin

I don't know if Yoshi is busy, but it would be nice if those fix could be added to the main code.

So basically, to fix the playback for Brazilian users on older videos -> Post: #88
To fix the playback of hardsubbed contents (worldwide?), like Ano Natsu episodes or several 360p/480p videos -> Post: #93

And Yoshi, if you want, feel free to rewrite/tidy-up the code, since I know that the one I put is kinda ugly... Tongue

Thanks!

I'll try to put a portuguese translation to the addon, as a thanks for all the effort...

I'll post as soon as I solve the crashes Tongue (probably UTF-8/ISO-8859-1 conversion problems)

Thanks
I actually also tried to translate the addon to pt-BR several weeks ago, but the only way I managed to add the special letters (á, é, ç, etc) without getting errors, was adding ".encode('utf-8')" after every "local_string" directly in the py files, but I didn't know if that was an acceptable solution and so I gived up... Undecided

le__

I had to revert back the change on post 93, because I lost portuguese subtitles

It seems that the find('iv') must be conditional to the existence of hard subs Undecided

But it is needed to play Ano Natsu, for instance
Sorry, I think that I'd tested that, but maybe I didn't... anyway, now this should work:

Code:

Since the <iv> tag only happens when there's a embed subtitle data, it alone should be enough.

Tongue
--

EDIT:
Changed post #93 to the new code.
(2013-01-30, 06:05)aarstar Wrote: Thanks for the great addon, but I'm having a slight issue with XBMC 12. The subtitles go out of sync if I pause or skip through a video. Downgrading to XBMC 11 solves this issue. If it matters, I'm currently using Arch Linux (x86_64), but this also happened on Ubuntu 12.10.

Sorry to break it to you, it always did this, at least with pausing videos.

Workaround: After pausing skip back 30 seconds.
This should keep the subs in sync.
XBMC user since before that Music db hack.
Now with his 2nd DMCA Takedown
I added the repository, when I go to look at video add-ons, under the added repository -- it's empty -- nothing is listed. I'm using Frodo if that makes a difference.
(2013-02-08, 01:46)le__ Wrote: Sorry, I think that I'd tested that, but maybe I didn't... anyway, now this should work:

Code:

Since the <iv> tag only happens when there's a embed subtitle data, it alone should be enough.

Tongue
--

EDIT:
Changed post #93 to the new code.

I am applying this patch right now.

Known issues that should get fixed:
1) Incompatibility of Soft Subs and Show Data (show data causes soft subs to be lost)
2) Support for languages other than English in the menus (Non-Ascii charictors cause errors)
Thanks!
Also thanks to rcaimi, for the tests he made.

Btw, my connection is really unstable and I couldn't really test it now, but I noticed in the code of crunchy_video.py that there's a "floating" code in the line 238 (before the "if stream['url']"), that I don't know if it should be there.
Also, on lines 239~242, the "indentation" is a little off (and made with spaces, instead of tabs as the rest of the code), so I don't know if it could cause problems (I'm no expert here).

PS: Just managed try and it played fine, but it should be nice to take a look at those lines.

Thanks!
The errant line has been removed.
Thanks

And Yes I am aware that the Subtitle patch has caused kerning issues with some shows.
See Maoyu ep6 for an example.
It is being looked in to.
(2013-02-11, 05:58)BrainSlugs83 Wrote: I added the repository, when I go to look at video add-ons, under the added repository -- it's empty -- nothing is listed. I'm using Frodo if that makes a difference.

I can confirm this as well with Frodo.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crunchyroll [DMCA Takedown]5