[ANDROID] Bubble UPNP
Hello everybody,

I am watching this forum for a couple of months now and I am very pleased by XBMC. I finally set up my media center last weekend. I want to use a good app as a control point to control XBMC. What I haven't found in this forum is a thread about Bubble UPNP. I have found some in this thread the app has already been mentioned. I hope I post this thread in the right sub forum, otherwhise I hope to hear it.

I don't know if anybody else is using this app? It is great to search your full library and manage your playlist very easily.

I only found a problem, where hopefully someone can help me with. I already reported it this at Bubblesoft, but they told me to mention it on XBMC forum so hopefully someone can fix the problem:

Quote:"I looked up the thread for Bubble UPNP on XDA, but haven't found a solution yet. I want to use Bubble UPNP to play (mainly) music on my XBMC media pc. Searching my XBMC library with Bubble UPNP gives no issues. But when I select my XBMC as local render and the same XBMC as library, it keeps giving a "action time out" for a while. After a minute or something the song starts. Then I can do the main actions without a problem (pause, volume up/down, forward/rewind), but when I press next the "action time out" comes up again. I have looked up the log and I think it has something to do with this:

XBMC (compaq-PC): GetPositionInfo: cannot parse TrackDuration 00:00:00

I have tried a lot of drifferent settings, also not showing the track duration. It did nog work. I thought it was an issue with my laptop. Last weekend I have installed XBMC on my Zotac AD02. It keeps giving the same issue's. XBMC also doesn't respond in the time it gives "action time out" errors in Bubble UPNP. Starting a movie by using XBMC as renderer and library, it gives no problems."

Has anyone been using this app? I would like to hear if someone has encountered this problem. I think this app is a great example as how a remote should work.
Hi!

I use bubble upnp too! It is a great program! I had also the same issue with you, but using XBMC in my apple tv 2 as renderer and XBMC's library in my PC. Look at your log file and see if you can find this error :

WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 28

If so, then please post it in this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129715 and lets hope that jhsrennie will take care of it...
I'll take a look in the log file, if I can find it. But as far as I can see in your thread, you have solved/reduced the problem?

Are there people who are using a different control point for XBMC, as the official XBMC Remote. Which works great btw, but not for searching your library. Hopefully there is a solution soon.

Any other members who are using Bubble UPNP?
I have solved my problem with foobar. But when I tried the XBMC music library via upnp I get the same problems with you. Take a look at your log file and tell me if see the error 28.
I agree that XBMC upnp server has issues with searching music. I have Twonky media server on my NAS and it's way too faster. Maybe developpers improve the UPNP implementation!!

I think that upnp is not the best idea for music! let me share my experience:

I was thinking the same (bubble upnp) for music listening. but are some drawbacks:

1- it's a phone battery drainer
2- it's paid! OK only 4 euros,,, but why paying when you have solutions for free?

then I found music pump for Android:

Here is the thread

Pros:
- very fast search (since it keeps a copy of the data base on Android)
- it has shuffle
- it can play xbmc playlists.
- it can save playlists on your android device then sync them with your phone for mobile listening. Saved playlists are android native so you can open them with the player of your choice. (very useful for me)

The only drawback for me is that it doesn't have "Folder" view, it's not an issue for clean libraries with correct ID3 tags. but since I have some rare no-tag music files, I've sorted them by folder. one solution is to save a playlist for each folder!

cheers
hi to all,
i've just set up my media center with xbmc on my notebook (linux ubuntu 13.04) and Bubbleupnp on my minipc minix neo x5. They both work WiFi.
i've some problems with audio:
1. I can read minix's library from notebook but video play with a very, very low volume (i have to put earphones on)
2. i can read notebook's library from minix but video play with a crackle sound and download is very slow.

i tried to set audio (hdmi, analog etc) but nothing seems to work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANDROID] Bubble UPNP0