• 5(current)
The "A6-Pack" Build
Thanks for the info on the ram sizes... could not get Hyperx 1866 or Balisstix where I am (Brisbane, Australia)..... found some AMD 1600 so will go with that, I do not think the slower speed will make much difference. Other than that the build will be the same as the first post with the Shuriken 1100.

Also had a hell of a time finding the ISK300-65... I think Australian stock is all sold... I think I have finally found a store with stock but have to wait for delivery.

Will report back when build is done with temps and pictures.
(2012-05-03, 10:41)nicgord Wrote: Thanks for the info on the ram sizes... could not get Hyperx 1866 or Balisstix where I am (Brisbane, Australia)..... found some AMD 1600 so will go with that, I do not think the slower speed will make much difference. Other than that the build will be the same as the first post with the Shuriken 1100.

Also had a hell of a time finding the ISK300-65... I think Australian stock is all sold... I think I have finally found a store with stock but have to wait for delivery.

Will report back when build is done with temps and pictures.

I understand it's hard to find stuff oversees....

The RAM you found should be fine....

Good stuff!!!!! Don't forget to leave a point on me Smile lol Rofl
(2012-05-03, 10:41)nicgord Wrote: Will report back when build is done with temps and pictures.

hope u do! Big Grin
Seems Unisen can't find my order for the mini-keyboard. Hence why it's been 11 days and I still don't have it!
Probably something simple, but I had XBMC up today and for some reason it is not taking up the whole screen. I.e., I can still see the top of the "windows box" where you can minimize/maximize/close the screen as well as the start bar. Can't seem to get XBMC playing in a "full screen mode" at all. Is this a setting somewhere?

(2012-05-06, 21:53)Sdpbc Wrote: Probably something simple, but I had XBMC up today and for some reason it is not taking up the whole screen. I.e., I can still see the top of the "windows box" where you can minimize/maximize/close the screen as well as the start bar. Can't seem to get XBMC playing in a "full screen mode" at all. Is this a setting somewhere?
You can try the picture size on your HDTV remote to change to different screen size. If that doesn't work, you can use underscan/overscan option in CCC my digital flat panel/scaling option to fill the screen.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Probably not explaining my issue well, it's not that the screen looks funny, it's just that XBMC runs inside a Windows 7 "window" instead of running full screen. Wonder if hitting "F11" would work similar to how IE or Chrome enter and exit "Full screen" mode. Will check that..
(2012-05-06, 23:49)Sdpbc Wrote: Probably not explaining my issue well, it's not that the screen looks funny, it's just that XBMC runs inside a Windows 7 "window" instead of running full screen. Wonder if hitting "F11" would work similar to how IE or Chrome enter and exit "Full screen" mode. Will check that..
Okay, have you try to configure XBMC to RUN: Maximized in XBMC/propertied/shortcu? or change to different Display Mode in XBMC settings/system/video put.......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-06, 21:53)Sdpbc Wrote: Can't seem to get XBMC playing in a "full screen mode" at all. Is this a setting somewhere?

yes it is.

from the top of my head, check SETTINGS / SYSTEM / VIDEO / OUPUT

and choose TRUE FULL SCREEN
Thanks, ended up just reinstalling XBMC and it did the trick, but next time will look for the setting. What's weird is that I don't recall changing it at all! Wonder if there is a short cut key that I may have hit which caused it.
SETTINGS / SYSTEM / VIDEO / OUPUT

and choose TRUE FULL SCREEN

Tongue
(2012-05-07, 19:44)Sdpbc Wrote: Thanks, ended up just reinstalling XBMC and it did the trick, but next time will look for the setting. What's weird is that I don't recall changing it at all! Wonder if there is a short cut key that I may have hit which caused it.

Yes there is.... its happened to me before.... dont remember what it was....
He prolly hit the back-slash key(" \ ") which allows you to toggle between the full-screen modes Eskro is referring to! NOOB mistake, I do it very often!
That was probably it, I was sure there must have been a key that I hit inadvertantly as it happened all of a sudden and I couldn't find any menu option to reverse it!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The "A6-Pack" Build0