• 145(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
(2021-08-26, 23:58)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-08-26, 23:22)pivsxii Wrote: I checked if it was up to date but Kody didn't tell me there was a new version: I'll try manually then
Make sure you update the repository first before updating the addon.

Go to Settings>Addons, pull out the left sideblade menu and select Check for Updates

And ensure you leave auto-update enabled for all important addons, scrapers being very important for Kodi.
Didn't about the "force" update of the addons. That fixed the problem with cast and ratings. Thank you so much! Blush
Just one small thing: has the poster download from IMDB ever been a thing? Rescanning old movie (just for test) isn't downloading any poster if I don't select fanart or TMDB and I had poster before (different from the one downloaded from fanart od TMDB).
(2021-08-27, 09:20)pivsxii Wrote: Just one small thing: has the poster download from IMDB ever been a thing?
IIRC, artwork does not come from IMDB. There is no separation of artwork at IMDB- all types of artwork are just lumped together.
Posters come from TMDB or fanart.tv depending on your settings.
I don't recall if UMS ever scraped posters from IMDB. Maybe @olympia can confirm.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-08-27, 09:37)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-08-27, 09:20)pivsxii Wrote: Just one small thing: has the poster download from IMDB ever been a thing?
IIRC, artwork does not come from IMDB. There is no separation of artwork at IMDB- all types of artwork are just lumped together.
I don't recall if UMS ever scraped posters from IMDB. Maybe @olympia can confirm.
Well it's not a big deal. I'll play with settings a little bit more and I'm sure I can find the right one Smile Ty so much!
(2021-08-27, 09:37)Karellen Wrote:
I swear it used to be able to pull posters from IMDB and thats what I had it set to... At some point in the last 4 months (probably during the last update), Universal Movie Scraper stopped scraping posters all together, like what others have been describing here. After some debugging and making sure everything is up to date, I realized that the only TMDB and fanart.tv options were available for posters, and they were both disabled. Almost like I was using IMDB before the update, and then the update removed the option without enabling either of the other ones.

Is there anywhere I can see the changelogs for the Universal Movie Scraper? Or perhaps the git repo?
(2021-09-11, 23:18)Silent Wrote: Is there anywhere I can see the changelogs for the Universal Movie Scraper? Or perhaps the git repo?
Yep, here... https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/tr....universal
Like I said, I don't ever recall posters being scraped from IMDB, but maybe that function was broken with the IMDB site redisign over the last 6 months.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-09-11, 23:23)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-09-11, 23:18)Silent Wrote: Is there anywhere I can see the changelogs for the Universal Movie Scraper? Or perhaps the git repo?
Yep, here... https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/tr....universal
Like I said, I don't ever recall posters being scraped from IMDB, but maybe that function was broken with the IMDB site redisign over the last 6 months.
Thanks for that link. Looks like my suspicions were correct, they did remove the IMDB poster option from the settings: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/co...b9aL52-L53

Anyone know what the reasoning was for this? Will it be added back soon?
(2021-09-11, 23:44)Silent Wrote: Anyone know what the reasoning was for this? Will it be added back soon?
No idea. Hopefully @olympia can comment
My Signature
Yes, IMDB posters were possible before, but IMDb has changed their engine displaying the images and the feature has got broken.
I had a look to get it fixed, but it's nightmare (i.e. I couldn't find a way to scrape them), while at the same time probably no one really wants those low res images; Subsequently I've got the option removed.
quick question : I've got Joan of Arc (1900) in my collection and no matter what source or combination of sources I use in UMS to pull the metadata, it populates the year of release as 2036.

any ideas?
(2021-09-15, 02:59)literally Wrote: I've got Joan of Arc (1900) in my collection and no matter what source or combination of sources I use in UMS to pull the metadata, it populates the year of release as 2036.
Please provide the link to the movie
My Signature
(2021-09-15, 04:31)Karellen Wrote: Please provide the link to the movie

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/106030-jeanne-d-arc
I don't know if you are using IMDB or TMDB for Search, but that is a Short, not a Movie. You need to enable "Include all movie categories" in the Search settings page of the scraper for IMDB.
My Signature
(2021-09-15, 06:02)Karellen Wrote: I don't know if you are using IMDB or TMDB for Search, but that is a Short, not a Movie. You need to enable "Include all movie categories" in the Search settings page of the scraper for IMDB.
IMDb for search, include all movie categories is checked. this has been my default setup as long as I can remember.

regardless of the category, still confused why the year would populate to 15 years in the future.
(2021-09-15, 06:12)literally Wrote: regardless of the category, still confused why the year would populate to 15 years in the future.
Then I'll need a Debug Log that captures the scraping of that movie.
My Signature
Hi!
   In past, if Universal Scraper didn't find a movie, I put the id (ex tt0000235) in form search and all worked fine.
   Now doesn't work, and I can't find many movi (the shorts, for example).

How Can I resolve it ?

THX
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9