• 156(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
(2022-11-24, 22:36)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-11-24, 21:36)K0D1User1138 Wrote: when I start Kodi no UMS does a full videos update scan which I do not want
https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Li...on_startup

Blind me was staring right at that and still couldn't see it. However, as I suspected, I do not have any of the auto update on start options selected but UMS keeps running an update anyways. Still unsure why.
(2022-11-24, 22:40)K0D1User1138 Wrote: However, as I suspected, I do not have any of the auto update on start options selected
Please provide a Debug Log that captures the continual scraping. Hopefully it will point to what is triggering it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Looks like UMS 5.5.10 was released in July. Are you sure about the version?
(2022-11-25, 01:22)jcea Wrote: Looks like UMS 5.5.10 was released in July. Are you sure about the version?

I had been closing Kodi, re-opening and then updating UMS to get it to partially work for a week an then it would scrpae 1-2 maybe 3 titles before failing again. Each time it was the 5.5.9 version. Today it showed me 5.5.10 when I updated and now it appears to be working, mostly. Or something else is going bonkers in my system.
IMDB have made changes to their website.

We have been informed they have taken active measures to prevent scraping web pages due to the very high loads on their servers. This is not exclusive to Kodi and affects other projects as well.

For now this scraper should be considered broken.

Please use either:
The Movie Database Python scraper... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python
or
TheTVDB v4 (Movies) scraper... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_TVDB_v4_(Movies)

Be aware that all scrapers and other addons are having problems accessing IMDB, so no scraper will currently provide IMDB ratings.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yeah lots of weird things happening all over. Just bonkers. But somebody is getting a brand new bridge!
The UMS isn't working if you just run a library scrape or even go through the File Manager and right-click on the source and click scan for new content. However, if you go through file manager into the source and then specific folder of an unscraped movie and click on the movie file UMS will react out to IMDb and scrape the media. So it's possibly the automated scraping requests aren't being answered by the changes made at Bezo's new bridge fund but doing an individual direct media inquiry still does succeed. At least I just scraped 2 new movies this way.

I don't use UMS for TV Shows so I can't comment on it's effectiveness there.

My issue with Kodi running a video library update isn't exclusive to UMS as it scrapes all media sources using both UMS and TheTVDB scraper. Not sure where in the debug log to look for info on that.
(2022-11-26, 04:45)K0D1User1138 Wrote: However, if you go through file manager into the source and then specific folder of an unscraped movie and click on the movie file UMS will react out to IMDb and scrape the media
Nope, not working for me.
But I have noticed that using the Python scrapers, IMDB ratings are working again.

(2022-11-26, 04:45)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I don't use UMS for TV Shows so I can't comment on it's effectiveness there.
There is no TV Show scraper for IMDB.
My Signature
(2022-11-26, 05:42)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-11-26, 04:45)K0D1User1138 Wrote: However, if you go through file manager into the source and then specific folder of an unscraped movie and click on the movie file UMS will react out to IMDb and scrape the media
Nope, not working for me.
But I have noticed that using the Python scrapers, IMDB ratings are working again.
(2022-11-26, 04:45)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I don't use UMS for TV Shows so I can't comment on it's effectiveness there.
There is no TV Show scraper for IMDB.
I should add I'm using Kodi 18.9 and UMS is 5.5.10.

I think I figured out the autoscrape issue, something with Jellyfin. I just disabled JF since I don't use it in this setup and that stopped it.
Still having some success using UMS through a process of starting Kodi, updating the add-on (even if the version is the same) and manually navigating to the media folder and selecting the media file directly. UMS will scrape and ask to identify the media from a list it pulls in and then populate all information like it normally would. I just scraped the new Malcolm X Criterion this way along with a few other movies. Kodi 18.9 UMS 5.5.10.
(2022-11-27, 02:04)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Still having some success using UMS through a process of starting Kodi
Weird. I can't do that. I wouldn't mind seeing a Debug Log to figure out why it works for you, but not for me.
My Signature
I had it functioning with my work-around last night, scraped 5 new entries. Apologies I forgot to remember to get a debug log. Today though it's no longer working at all.
Of course, UMS still works if you don't use IMDB for anything. I have pretty much all scraping sources set to TMDB (don't forget the separate 'searching' category at the bottom) and I get perfectly fine scrapes. Sure, you sometimes get ratings based on 10 votes or something, but those aren't really that important to me.
For me when I would try and scrape, it would just ask to enter in a search query to confirm the movie and would just keep looping back to that no matter what I put in.
All I did was change the Search option (think it's the last tab) in the UMS settings from IMDB to TMDB and it's working again. I've still got most things set to grab from IMDB (I think every option where it's possible to set to IMDB), I've only had two movies to scrape since it broke but I've confirmed it's definitely picking up the plot/rating/genres from IMDB and I didn't see any missing data with those two movies.
(2022-12-07, 07:37)Sekt0r Wrote: For me when I would try and scrape, it would just ask to enter in a search query to confirm the movie and would just keep looping back to that no matter what I put in.
All I did was change the Search option (think it's the last tab) in the UMS settings from IMDB to TMDB and it's working again. I've still got most things set to grab from IMDB (I think every option where it's possible to set to IMDB), I've only had two movies to scrape since it broke but I've confirmed it's definitely picking up the plot/rating/genres from IMDB and I didn't see any missing data with those two movies.

i can confirm by changing the search engine and leaving everything unchanged unless you want anything from fanart.tv and rotten tomato for ratings . it is working .
  • 156(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9