• 86(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
get TV-Ratings for Movies (example) "Who framed Roger Rabbit" Rated TV PG-14  -wired Huh?
not at all movies in my case got TV's "3" of "38"

-and another one happen (fixed!) - No! Directors (Just missing!)
@kiddykokane

Your post makes no sense. Please try again.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
For those who are concerned: Scraping of Rotten Tomato scores are now back with UMS v2.8.7
An individual API key will need to be obtained via omdbapi.com (it was not possible to use a generic key as the api keys are allowing only 1000 requests per day per key).
Is there a way to improve the accuracy of IMDB studio name scraping?

For example, Iron Man 2 shows:
Quote:Production Companies
  • Paramount Pictures (presents) (A Jon Favreau Film)
  • Marvel Entertainment (presents)
  • Marvel Studios
  • Fairview Entertainment (in association with)
Distributors
  • Bontonfilm (2010) (Czech Republic) (theatrical)
  • Concorde Filmverleih (2010) (Germany) (theatrical)
  • Constantin-Film (2010) (Austria) (theatrical)
  • Finnkino (2010) (Finland) (theatrical)
  • Forum Cinemas (2010) (Estonia) (theatrical)
  • Forum Cinemas (2010) (Lithuania) (theatrical)
  • Forum Cinemas (2010) (Latvia) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (Australia) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (Canada) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (Spain) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (France) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (UK) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (Japan) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (USA) (theatrical)

The scraper always seems to grab the first entry and toss anything surrounded by parenthesis.  After looking at about a dozen movies on IMDB and comparing to The Movie Database, it looks like a better thing to do is to use the last entry that doesn't have any parenthesis on the line.  This seems to be much more likely to give the "real" studio (like Warner Bros., Disney, Paramount) that most people will associate with the movie. There are some cases where it doesn't work, like all the Indiana Jones movies would be "Lucasfilm" instead of "Paramount Pictures".

On the other hand, taking the "(country of origin) (theatrical)" entry from "Distributors" seems to be even more accurate. This still doesn't work every time (The Avengers should be "Marvel Studios" based on the logo at the beginning of the movie, but no rule set that catches it works for most other movies), but, again, it's much better than now for most movies.

A current solution is to configure the scraper to use The Movie Database for studios, but since it defaults to IMDB, a lot of people might not change it. Perhaps that's one place the default should be changed?
quick question: is UMS 2.8.6 stopped working?
scan is stopping , error about server connection...
(2017-11-19, 01:51)pjotr69 Wrote: quick question: is UMS 2.8.6 stopped working?
scan is stopping , error about server connection...

Do you v2.8.9 installed. If not then update the scraper
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
where can i find  v2.8.9?
update button shows 2.8.6 of kodi addon repository
You need to update the Kodi Repository.

Access the Update function as shown here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager#Lef...debar_menu

Then go back to the add-on and update it, but it should auto-update once the repository has been updated.
My Signature
Smile 
Thanks!

easy fix if you know the answere.
After update to 2.8.9, movie title is always in english insted in czech (like i have set).
Titles from themoviedb
Anyone has same issue?
(2017-11-19, 00:16)nabsltd Wrote: Is there a way to improve the accuracy of IMDB studio name scraping?

For example, Iron Man 2 shows:
Quote:Production Companies
  • Paramount Pictures (presents) (A Jon Favreau Film)
  • Marvel Entertainment (presents)
  • Marvel Studios
  • Fairview Entertainment (in association with)
Distributors
  • Bontonfilm (2010) (Czech Republic) (theatrical)
  • Concorde Filmverleih (2010) (Germany) (theatrical)
  • Constantin-Film (2010) (Austria) (theatrical)
  • Finnkino (2010) (Finland) (theatrical)
  • Forum Cinemas (2010) (Estonia) (theatrical)
  • Forum Cinemas (2010) (Lithuania) (theatrical)
  • Forum Cinemas (2010) (Latvia) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (Australia) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (Canada) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (Spain) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (France) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (UK) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (Japan) (theatrical)
  • Paramount Pictures (2010) (USA) (theatrical)

The scraper always seems to grab the first entry and toss anything surrounded by parenthesis.  After looking at about a dozen movies on IMDB and comparing to The Movie Database, it looks like a better thing to do is to use the last entry that doesn't have any parenthesis on the line.  This seems to be much more likely to give the "real" studio (like Warner Bros., Disney, Paramount) that most people will associate with the movie. There are some cases where it doesn't work, like all the Indiana Jones movies would be "Lucasfilm" instead of "Paramount Pictures".

On the other hand, taking the "(country of origin) (theatrical)" entry from "Distributors" seems to be even more accurate. This still doesn't work every time (The Avengers should be "Marvel Studios" based on the logo at the beginning of the movie, but no rule set that catches it works for most other movies), but, again, it's much better than now for most movies.

A current solution is to configure the scraper to use The Movie Database for studios, but since it defaults to IMDB, a lot of people might not change it. Perhaps that's one place the default should be changed? 
Your second approach will surely not work as "detecting" and handling the country of origin from IMDb is a nightmare.

The first approach could be done, but would take significant efforts and I am not sure it would worth the hassle. Actually what the scraper does currently is to parse the main page (e.g. http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt1228705/) and take the first one from the companies -> no need to toss the parenthesis as it is non-existing there.
Changing the default to TMDb is a good idea and I will do it right now! Thanks for the catch!
(2017-11-21, 12:31)Beam Wrote: After update to 2.8.9, movie title is always in english insted in czech (like i have set).
Titles from themoviedb
Anyone has same issue?
 Confirmed, that's a bug; fixed in 2.8.10. Sorry about that.
XBMC 13.2 Gotham (cannot update it, it was preinstalled on 6 my tv-box from my cable tv provider)
Works perfectly till last week with UMS and the movie database scraper
Now it's not working at all (UMS 2.8.10, TMD 4.0.2)
The movie database by itself works correct with videos (russian language, if it's matters), but haven't support for fanart/covers/etc
UMS grabs only description and year. It's doesn't work for me on neigher on movies nor english.

Help me please if it's possible and sorry for my lame english
Hi,
i miss in the current version the correct set of movie_view.uniqueid_value  and movie_view.uniqueid_type is this a bug or a feature? Wink
version: 1.12.2017 4.0.0 kodi 17.6

thx
(2017-12-01, 22:11)mEDI Wrote: Hi,
i miss in the current version the correct set of movie_view.uniqueid_value  and movie_view.uniqueid_type is this a bug or a feature? Wink
version: 1.12.2017 4.0.0 kodi 17.6

thx
I have this very same problem. UMS versión 4.0.0, Kodi 17.6. I got this upgrade ten hours ago and this missing data is breaking many of my automated scripts.

Please, bring those fields back.

Another difference is "premiere" database field. In previous version, it was the year. In 4.0.0 it is YEAR-MONTH-DAY.

I have stopped updating my library until this issue is solved.

Thanks for your time and effort!.
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9