• 123(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
Hi,

yes I did read the guide but I cannot figure out how to find and get the debug info to the forum. I'm not doing this from a PC or that would be simple and it looks like I need to download something so I'll look at it again.

Doug.
(2020-03-13, 09:06)Doorpro Wrote: yes I did read the guide but I cannot figure out how to find and get the debug info to the forum. I'm not doing this from a PC or that would be simple and it looks like I need to download something so I'll look at it again.
Did you read section 3.1 of the guide?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes, I found that section after looking again and will address that later. Thank you again.
Guys,

thank you both for hanging in there with me on what I hope to be a simple and easily found issue. I think that I am supposed to add this link and If I am wrong I am terribly sorry and feel free to let me know what I have done wrong because getting the log file to you has proven annoying and difficult being a windows guy this is all new to me.

Thanks again.
Doug.

https://paste.kodi.tv/elejafipax
@Doorpro

Thanks, the log is uploaded correctly. Though you disabled debug mode half way through the log, so no idea why you did that.

I cannot see any movie folders being scanned at all. I wonder if you have your sources correctly set. I see a lot of this...

xml:
NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
WARNING: Skipping item '/storage/1492748492746C5C/Android/data/' with '.nomedia' file in parent directory, it won't be added to the library.
WARNING: Skipping item '/storage/1492748492746C5C/Android/obb/' with '.nomedia' file in parent directory, it won't be added to the library.
WARNING: Skipping item '/storage/1492748492746C5C/Android/data/' with '.nomedia' file in parent directory, it won't be added to the library.
WARNING: Skipping item '/storage/1492748492746C5C/Android/obb/' with '.nomedia' file in parent directory, it won't be added to the library.
Are these your movie folders?

If they are not, then open your log above and do a search for your movie folder and which movies you tried to scan. Then tell me what line they appear, because I do not see any movies.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You're correct, something has changed and I have no idea why. I have an external 6TB HD with almost 2000 HD movies on and until now they were scanning to the library for years now.
I forgot to thank you for all you have done so far. Thank you.
@Doorpro

(2020-03-14, 03:48)Doorpro Wrote: something has changed and I have no idea why
Yes, something has changed judging by your comments. But I am not sitting in front of your computer, so I cannot see what has changed. All I can do is give you clues on where to look.

In my last post I asked you to check your sources... Did you?

I also asked you to find your movie folders and movies in the log file. Did you?

You have responded, but given me absolutely no new information to work with. Do I really need to repeat my questions when they are so clearly visible?
My Signature
WOW !!! Calm down. As much as I appreciate your help there is no need to get testy, I am a beginner.

I am just reading this post now and I will of course check that everything is ok with my sources. I know that the HDD is connected to the shield and that it can read the movies because although they aren't in the library they are definitely in the 'video" folder and can watch them from there, they're just not getting scraped. It is weird because something happened within Kodi one day and now I have no idea where to start. Can you please give me a clue where to look? I also notice that some movies are now flickering when I play them so I will also check the HDMI cables between my A/V receiver but I doubt that that's it because they are all top notch cables as is the receiver in my media center. One last question, you say that I need to check things out and where might I start in your opinion?

Thank you again, please be patient
regards,
Doug.
Well now, I have no idea what I did but it is working again.

I took your comments and did as you mentioned. In fact I checked everything out along with updating the scrapers and now all is well although I should have checked one thing at a time so that I would have found out what it was. To be honest I am sure that the scrapers went off-line somehow but we'll never know. One thing it for sure, I learned how to create and upload a log which was completely useless this time but I can see it's probative value.

Thanks again,
Doug.
FYI => only for those who use MySQL or MariaDB and have already tried turning off tag reading.
The Universal Movie scraper recently stopped working, and it appears that it can no longer access the URL "akas.imdb.com".

It appears (from posts on other projects that access IMDB) that this URL was retired by IMDB some years ago, but requests continued to work, as there was some redirecting in place.

Now however it appears that akas.imdb.com no longer resolves to a host.

Please can the developers update this scraper - I manually fiddled with the XML file and replaced 'akas' with 'www', and it appears to work again, but I don't really know if I have inadvertently broken something due to lack of understanding!

Thanks
@ohiotrucker77

Thanks for the report. I can confirm the scraper is broken. Line 1069... https://paste.kodi.tv/kamudakigu.kodi

Hopefully @olympia will be able to fix without any issue.
My Signature
(2020-04-09, 02:51)Karellen Wrote: @ohiotrucker77

Thanks for the report. I can confirm the scraper is broken. Line 1069... https://paste.kodi.tv/kamudakigu.kodi

Hopefully @olympia will be able to fix without any issue.

Thanks guys.... I was thinking why nothing is scraping... Also good to implement now clear errors to the users (optional)
Notice:

metadata.universal updated to 2.9.13 for Gotham to Jarvis is now available
metadata.universal updated to v4.1.16 for Krypton is now available
metadata.universal updated to v5.3.6 for Leia and higher is now available

You can...

1. Wait upto 24 hours for your repository and add-on to update automatically, assuming you have not disabled these settings
2. Go to Settings > Add-ons and force a repository update from the left sideblade menu by selecting Check for updates. You may need to wait until the update reaches the servers in your part of the world.
3. Download and install from zip from the following links...
  1. Gotham - http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/met...universal/
  2. Krypton - http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/me...universal/
  3. Leia - http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/metadata.universal/

All thanks go to @olympia
My Signature
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9