How to get rid of confirmation when starting XBMC?
Yes, what purpose does the confirmation when starting XBMC serve? Directly after starting XBMC from Frontrow a button with [XBMC] (see picture) appears and needs to be pressed to actually start XBMC.

How would I get rid of this? It's completely trivial to press one button when starting XBMC, but it kind of bugs me... :-)

atv2, iOS 5.1, tethered JB, only nitoTv & XBMC installed.

Picture: http://www.evernote.com/shard/s4/sh/e739...8ef5b91a4d
Not possible. It's just the way that 5.1 handles apps being run on it, nothing anyone can do at the moment i'm afraid.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
(2012-04-24, 22:08)deanmv Wrote: Not possible. It's just the way that 5.1 handles apps being run on it, nothing anyone can do at the moment i'm afraid.

Judging by the fact that NitoTV and aTV Flash don't have this issue, I think its safe to say that's just not true. It seems to just be a remnant from <= 5.0.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. Memphiz did a pretty good job of putting me in my place.
(2012-04-24, 22:52)lowtolerance Wrote:
(2012-04-24, 22:08)deanmv Wrote: Not possible. It's just the way that 5.1 handles apps being run on it, nothing anyone can do at the moment i'm afraid.

Judging by the fact that NitoTV and aTV Flash don't have this issue, I think its safe to say that's just not true. It seems to just be a remnant from <= 5.0.

You're welcome to make the change yourself then, if you're so confident that the above poster is wrong....

There were countless warnings on the forum about running XBMC on iOS 5.1, and the fact that doing so could result in unexpected issues arising due to it being so different than previous versions. This is an unfortunate consequence... You're an early adopter. It's bad form to whine about one extra click. You should appreciate the fact that it works at all.
nope what deanmv says ... better look exactly at nitotv - its has subcategories, so has atv2flash - xbmc doesn't. The way XBMC appears is how the jailbreak or ios 5.1 calls us. There is no atv2 app which really starts on the first click. There is allways appearing a submenu (in XBMC case we don't have any subcategories, so XBMC itself is its own subcategory).

Better inform yourself before treating one of our best supporters here as a lier.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-04-24, 23:53)Memphiz Wrote: Better inform yourself before treating one of our best supporters here as a lier.

Sorry. You are completely right, and I edited my post to reflect this. I could honestly care less if I hurt your precious supporter's feelings, however. I've been supporting and promoting XBMC for over six years now, and I remember now why I stopped using the forums — far too much ass-kissing and unnecessary rudeness.
I don't know why anyone is jumping on anyones' backs in this thread. Seems like a minor issue to get all worked up about. It's software, so anything is possible with enough time and effort.

Thanks for the confirmation (and the neutral post Smile), just wanted to be sure!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get rid of confirmation when starting XBMC?0