MINIX NEO X5
(2013-04-10, 18:55)p lopes Wrote: Hi,

Please, I need your help!

I have received my Minix Neo X5, and I want to install XBMC like I have in my other device (Raspberry Pi).

How can I do it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

http://xbmc.org/download/
Can someone please help me as I am getting crazy here!

I have Minix Neo X5 and all my Blureys on Synology DiskStation. All BR are ripped so that there are multiple m2ts files in the Stream directory.

XBMC can see all these and gets meta data about movies, but when I try to play them I either get nothing or it says "One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details."

Log file Id is: 18960.

Thank you!
The Minix X5 is extremely poor and lacking IMHO. I have Android XBMC running on Tablet and phone and they both outperform the Minix. Some builds work well with some files and others with other files but no single build I've tried works well with Streaming, plugins or built in HW acceleration.
Worst money I ever spent... and trust me I've wasted some £££'s down the years.
With hindsight I would have purchased another Zotac for a few £'s more.
Can you be more specific ? I'm looking to buy a minipc as a mediaplayer/emulation station and I was considering the Minix to play HD films from my Synology through Ethernet. Does it even work better with another media player (MX Player) ? Which Zotac would you recommend over it (in a similar budget) ?

Thanks !
hi all , is there a way to upgrade x5 without computer ? let say i want to upgrade my x5 to (4.1.1 20130520) . what should i do since my computer run on window8 ,i cant load otg . thnx
I really cannot recommend the X5mini for XBMC: it lags, it stutters, the sound of many videos is only noise, 720p is the highest videoresolution and frequency change (24/50/60 Hz) seems not to be supported.

This is a NoGo in any way!
Wohnzimmer HTPC
Raspberry PI @900 MHz - OpenELEC - XBMC 12.1
I initially thought that the promise of HW graphic processing and additional ports and services on this box made it worthwhile as an upgrade from my Pivos box, but alas there are real shortcomings that I didn't know. I rooted my Minix neo and still had no access to the external storage. I have come to the conclusion that it is only for uploading files, etc. the 1080p streaming didn't work and probably never will. By and large, it was a real disappointment. I'd recommend the Pivos box hands-down. I will [probably return the messed up neo and get another Pivos for upstairs!
(2013-01-29, 16:59)xbmk Wrote: Yes, m2ts h264 worked, but I need to check resolution and bitrate..

Edit: 24Mbps, 1080p, AVC (mts container) plays flawlessly via XBMC. I tried some 720p mkvs and all worked nice, didn't have any 1080p mkv to try.

Wha.....?!?!?!?! How the hell.....?!?!? What version of XBMC are you using? I have NEO X5 5th FW Release (0520, version 011) on my MINIX NEO X5, loaded XBMC Android 12.2 on a default instalation (no extras loaded so far) and it can't even play 720p content without stuttering badly. To play 720p and 1080p video I have to use Archos or MX.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX NEO X51