Chance to sleep/shut down the ATV 2 from XBMC?
My way of doing it

Settings-->power management--> quit xbmc after 5 min of inactivity
Then on the Atv Os itself, setting --> sleep after 15 min

That means that at the end of the movie, xbmc will wait 5 min before existing, then the original atv os will wait 15 min until it sleeps.

Down side of this method, when xbmc crashes, it will (And I don't know why) reset the sleep after parameter to "Never" Sad

Hope it helps

Ebt
(2012-05-04, 14:57)ebt4ever Wrote: My way of doing it

Settings-->power management--> quit xbmc after 5 min of inactivity
Then on the Atv Os itself, setting --> sleep after 15 min

That means that at the end of the movie, xbmc will wait 5 min before existing, then the original atv os will wait 15 min until it sleeps.

Down side of this method, when xbmc crashes, it will (And I don't know why) reset the sleep after parameter to "Never" Sad

Hope it helps

Ebt
Same here. From time to time (and now very often) the AppleTV 2 sleep option reset to never by itself. Any fix for that?

ebt4ever: thats actualy quite nice, unfortunately for me i use the org.tomcool.xbmc-booter which would bring me back into XBMC Undecided
when xbmc starts it sets the sleep timer to never. If we wouldn't do that iOS would kill xbmc when the sleep timer is runout. On exit we set the timer back to what it was before. When we crash we can't restore the setting and it will stay at never. Thought this is mentioned in the faq.

Well Ned if you read me - this can go into the faq if not already there Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Any chance we can have an option to specify a value to set it back to? If not can we default it back to 15 minutes if it's currently set to Never?

Thanks
JC
6w of power for the ATV2, perhaps, but sleep mode means my 50" Plasma will also go into sleep mode when the signal stops coming through HDMI, so not as insignificant as it may seem. With a family of four and the TV being used sporadically and left on, it's nice to have power management.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chance to sleep/shut down the ATV 2 from XBMC?0