Intel GFX on Windows - still a problem with XBMC?
I'm looking at upgrading my HTPC to a new laptop and the deals on Intel models are kick'n tail... is there is a decoding and PQ issue with Intel HD 2000 and/or 3000?

thx!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
besides the 24p issue, nope
I've seen some review sites doing evals of the PQ and they had some 1080p tests that Intel fell on its face on. I'm not a pixel peeper but I do have a 65" screen I sit 9 feet from. Wondering if it is anything to worry about with Intel?
ffmpeg CPU decoding should be fine - but how's the hardware DXVA based stuff doing these days?
Check this out- Let's set this straight - No one can do 24p consistently well

This "Intel announces Ivy Bridge desktop and mobile CPUs" with HD4000 is coming very soon...Nod
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-27, 05:55)bluray Wrote: Check this out- Let's set this straight - No one can do 24p consistently well

This "Intel announces Ivy Bridge desktop and mobile CPUs" with HD4000 is coming very soon...Nod

I don't care about 24p really... more about up-scaling and post processing.

As for HD4000, only in the high-end Intel CPUs anyway... at that price point you'd be an idiot to buy it for HTPC when you could go get much more bang for the $ by spending that same $ on a dedicated GFX card.

I'm sticking with AMD or NVIDIA... If someone has a small TV (~50" or under - yes, that is small these days) and sits 8-10' or farther away - then they may not notice a difference in PQ with Intel's completely crappy HD3000 or 2500... But when using a larger TV or sitting close there will be a noticeable difference - especially with upconverting. And forget about any post processing with Intel HD3000 or HD2500 GPU or running high-end decoders like LAV or madVR.

here's a good example of how bad the Intel HD3000 is... http://techreport.com/articles.x/21099/11
@Livin.....

Here are full tests on Intel graphic cards....Intel HD Graphics 3000 and Intel HD Graphics 2000 Review. Page 9......

(2012-04-27, 17:01)bluray Wrote: @Livin.....

Here are full tests on Intel graphic cards....Intel HD Graphics 3000 and Intel HD Graphics 2000 Review. Page 9......

That 'review' is useless as a test of ability beyond basic HD decoding - and it ONLY uses Cyberlink software. It has no tests with video post-processing, no tests with color or pixel accuracy, no tests, no test, etc, etc.

yeah review not good, +1 Livin
(2012-04-27, 17:22)Livin Wrote:
(2012-04-27, 17:01)bluray Wrote: @Livin.....

That 'review' is useless as a test of ability beyond basic HD decoding - and it ONLY uses Cyberlink software. It has no tests with video post-processing, no tests with color or pixel accuracy, no tests, no test, etc, etc.
The only way to find out is to try it on your 60" HDTV......I playback my blu-ray files in full 1080P using HD2000 with smaller screen, and it looks fine. The PQ is no different than my HTPC's with Nvidia and AMD discrete GPU.....

Since you don't care about 24p, it might be okay on your 60" HDTV.........and eSkro confirmed it in post #2 "besides the 24p issue, nope"..... I wish I have 60" HDTV to try it for you.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel GFX on Windows - still a problem with XBMC?0