Revo 1600 + Veriton N282G = different sound setup
I have two XBMC HT computers, one i got years ago (revo 1600, running eden) and for a second TV i just picked up a Veriton N282G (testing on the same tv / audio setup).

They are pretty much identical computers, the Veriton just 3 years newer parts. The LIVE install went flawlessly on both, but on the 1600 sound worked out of the box while on the Veriton i had to do a load of reading to get it running. After disabling the onboard audio via the bios (did not have to do that for my revo) i had to set the audio to "analog" and manually input plughw:1,3 to get any sound.

So end result is my new system is working but with the above settings instead of "NVIDA HDMI 0" like on my old revo. Are there any negative repercussions to this? will the sound out of my new Veriton be worse than my revo?

Thanks,
-aPeg
Hi,

I have an Acer Veriton N282G - When I installed XBMCLive it worked great straight out of the box, hdmi sound on mkv,avi,mp4 etc. I have upgraded to XBMCBuntu and no damn sound. I really dont want to resort to installing Windows 7 and then XBMC over it.

Would you mind helping / detailing what you did to get your sound working, or point me in the right direction please.

Thank you
Hey Demonfist,

Under the system settings go to audio output and set both the "audio output device" and "passthrough output device" to custom and manually enter the value for both as "plughw:1,3".

after that my sounds works great (except nav sounds, i have never been able to figure this one out)

-aPeg
Hi apeg,

Thank you for your reply. I will try setting this up over the weekend with running XBMCBuntu from USB stick first. So just to confirm, straight normal install of XBMCBuntu, no additional software install or drivers, and what about the bios, have you disabled anything relating to the sound in the bios ?
I tried as you said with the custom sound a "plughw:1,3" - however i still got the audio error when playing videos.
You have the exact same model acer as me? have you installed any audio drivers seperately? Whats your bios config like around the audio settings?
Humm it has been some time since i set everything up... don't remember doing anything out of the ordinary but i think the speaker setup makes a big difference:

My setup:
XBMC Veriton > HDMI > Toshiba TV > Optical Out > Speaker Bar

not sure if that helps any?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revo 1600 + Veriton N282G = different sound setup0