How Do I Port ConfluenceMod (Vert) To Eden?
Okay,

So I loved ConfluenceMod on Dharma, it made my XBMC experience perfect.

I want to use Eden but just don't get along with the design ethos of horizontal menus and none of vertical skins for Edit that I've tried have anywhere near the refinement and user experience of ConfluenceMod (on Dharma at least) - no half wall view for example.

Yes, there appears to be no love for porting this awesome skin, in vertical format, to Eden. I can't understand why. Sad

Given that I have no skin experience, and little spare time, is it even feasible for me to investigate this? I mean if it's a few hours work I'll have a crack but I suspect if that were the case somebody might have done it by now.

Could I turn ConfluenceMod Horizontal for Eden into vertical simply enough?

Hmm... donation anybody?
Try the convergence skin Smile
(2012-04-29, 14:07)Mrmills Wrote: Try the convergence skin Smile

Thanks for the suggestion. Indeed that's the one I homed in on and have been playing with it for the last 45 mins or so but it's not quite right for me, it has some quirks that I can't get used to and no half-wall view which is essential to me.

Admittedly it's far more suited to my needs than the default skin but it's still quite a departure from the refinement of ConfluenceMod.

I've posted in the Convergence thread and subscribed so I can keep an eye on progress but will need to go back to Dharma until something a little closer to C/Mod is avail I fear. Sad

I've only ever hated one thing the XBMC team did and that was move to horizontal... I might be stuck on Dharma forever lol! Not that I have any problems with Dharma but Eden is noticeably faster.
A real dirty hack would be exchanging the ConfluenceMOD Home.xml with the home.xml from Confluence Vertical (official repo)...
Never tried but might be ok...

And with ConfluenceMOD I mean my one for Eden

cheers,
Max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-04-29, 14:15)mad-max Wrote: A real dirty hack would be exchanging the ConfluenceMOD Home.xml with the home.xml from Confluence Vertical (official repo)...
Never tried but might be ok...

And with ConfluenceMOD I mean my one for Eden

cheers,
Max

Big Grin Big Grin don't think that'll work without problems - He could ask for a view - we've got that vertical.mod on your git site, and somewhere I've a halfwall from Convergence v1.?
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Okay, so both of the experts have chimed in... Cool

Keep talking guys, something may come of this... :hope:

I would seriously donate... say US$100 but I'm sure that wouldn't even come near to compensating for the effort... Undecided
I'm already about adding the HalfWall to the Vertical Mod
skin setting for hiding settings is already done Big Grin
So you should have a installable zip in less than an hour
(2012-04-29, 14:33)djmcnz Wrote: Okay, so both of the experts have chimed in... Cool

Keep talking guys, something may come of this... :hope:

I would seriously donate... say US$100 but I'm sure that wouldn't even come near to compensating for the effort... Undecided

Saw your post under Convergence, am getting to it but need to check on a couple of things. Just trying to finish off a screen in another mod first. Probably get back to Convergence tomorrow.

If you want to give away money - donate to XBMC - they do way the most work Smile - I do it for fun.

Looks like I'll be F5'ing this forum over the coming hours and days! Thanks for the replies guys, and I wonder if you're not both in Europe given how quick they came in.

The XBMC team get a nice little donation from me each time I upgrade to a major release (successfully and without transition-shock). They do deserve it, I've been using it since my Xbox days and consider it indispensable and worth paying for.

Smile

(2012-04-29, 14:55)djmcnz Wrote: Looks like I'll be F5'ing this forum over the coming hours and days! Thanks for the replies guys, and I wonder if you're not both in Europe given how quick they came in.

No need for it...Upload will be ready in less than 3 Minutes...

What happened:
Setting to Hide "System" tab in Home...if disabled you can press "s" and activate "System" from shutdown menu
and
added HalfWall View

cheers,
Max
Ok...here you go:
http://mad-max.bplaced.net/download/skin...en-mod.zip

BTW: Yes, I'm in Europe...to be exact: Germany Big Grin

Ping me if you have questions...
@djmcnz Big Grin Mudisland is South African for England

@Max "s" on my system has always brought up the Shutdown menu, but I've seen other posts before saying it brought up settings - So whats wrong with me Huh

@mudislander:
This behaviour can be edited to your liking...
By default the key binding for "s" is
Code:
ActivateWindow(ShutdownDialog)
If you open keyboard.xml and change it to
Code:
ActivateWindow(Settings)
You directly open the settings tab...

So nothing wrong with you...at least if your running default keymap for your machine...

Doh !! I'm just being thick Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How Do I Port ConfluenceMod (Vert) To Eden?2