Error message ?
Hi peeps hope I am posting in the right section here I can not seem to get xbmc working on my Asus Eee PC notebook I am running on Windows 7 fully updated With 160GB hard drive 1GB Ram Intel Celeron Processer 32 bit Operating system & all I get is this Error messege ( CApplication:::Create() failed - check log file and that it is writable ) Any help please ?
Do you get any log file? Are you running as an administrator?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Probably don't have the correct graphics drivers installed. Make sure you are using the up to date video drivers for your notebook, also check and make sure Direct X is up to date. Click Start Button type in Dxdiag and check DirectX version. Also, check the log file and see what errors or notices your getting.
To view log file - Click Start and type in Hidden click show hidden files and folders and check the button to show hidden files and folders the go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\XBMC to view log file.
Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

Code:
"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.
Hi again everytime I try & type it in where your telling me a box comes up saying internet explorer has stoped & I can get into it how do I resolve this aswel ? Sorry for being a pain.
(2012-04-30, 03:59)tman12 Wrote: Probably don't have the correct graphics drivers installed. Make sure you are using the up to date video drivers for your notebook, also check and make sure Direct X is up to date. Click Start Button type in Dxdiag and check DirectX version. Also, check the log file and see what errors or notices your getting.
To view log file - Click Start and type in Hidden click show hidden files and folders and check the button to show hidden files and folders the go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\XBMC to view log file.

Hi I know it has something to do with graphics drivers as it is only running on the standard VGA Graphics Adapter, but can not download new drivers from anywhere even the Asus site only have the XP drivers. It used to be on XP, but I got a virus & ended up putting Windows 7 on it since then I have had all of these isues even my Eee PC Tray Utility will not work yet I have looked online & they sell these notebooks Pre-loaded with Windows 7 already on them, so there must be drivers out there for this model I just can not find them for the life of me lol ! Any help I would be very greatful for as I am pulling my hair out here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error message ?0