Resolution change when tv shuts off
I updated to Eden today, and now whenever my tv turns off the resolution changes (to something unusable). Does anyone know what I can do to fix it?
In an attempt to fix this silly issue, I set xbmc to exit after 10 minutes. So when I turn on my tv, I have to launch xbmc (which isn't too hard, as the remote can do it). Unfortunately, 15% or so of the time it launches and the remote either doesn't work, or also controls the system volume / iTunes. It's extremely frustrating. Lose / lose.
No one has any idea why the resolution might change when the tv turns off, or what I can do to fix it?
This is due to wonky hdmi handshakes. Some people with some equipment suffer from this. I seem to have luck - neither my yamaha amp nor my lg tv has this issue (xbmc stays at the set resolution).

Blame the industry which is fuckin to stupid to correctly implement standards *grrr*.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sucky!
Why didn't this occur with the last version?
Is there a way to revert?
I reverted to my last version of xbmc, pre-Eden, and the problem (and all the others that Eden brought) are gone. I have to admit, Eden felt a lot like changing things just to change them. The only differences I noticed were problems or needless changes (such as the ui). I'm sure there were lots of great features I simply didnt see, but at too high cost for my tastes.
Thanks for the feedback.
The change which seems to cause this issue didn't happen out of fun. There were a bunch of users which complained that resolution switching and refreshrate adaption has to be possible on osx like on linux. And it was totally non understandable that this didn't work on osx and all devs are lazy. And now that this is in and has issues with crappy components - its team XBMC again which gets blamed.

thx for your feedback too.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm not going to pretend I understand the technical details. And I'm betting there are people who really like the change. It's just that for me, it was a negative one. Perhaps a setting the turn it off is the solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution change when tv shuts off0