Disable Scraping..Very Frustrating
It's taken me hours of work transitioning from MediaBrowser. I've been using EmberMediaManager to download and add XBMC metadata for over 2,000 movies and I thought I was finally ready to add my movies. Now I'm fighting the XBMC metadata scraper around every turn.
ALL of my movies have recent metadata in the folder that the movie belongs in:

movie.tbn
fanart.jpg

When I add movies to the library XBMC scrapes my metadata all over again! I tried some of the things I read in the forums, but none of them worked. This has become especially frustrating with foreign movies. It gets confused a lot and renames titles frequently.

Any tips would be great.
I think I figured out why XBMC was scraping my my movies. I changed all of my metadata files to match the name of the movie. By default Ember Media Manager doesn't do this, instead my movie nfo files were simply movie.nfo. Now all of my movies have .tbn and .nfo files that match the name of the movie file.
movie.nfo will be read just fine if (and only if) you specify "Movies are in separate folders named after the movie", coincidentally, exactly how you have your files laid out.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

If that is the case, then why was it not using the metadata in the folder?
because then we have to assume that you have several movies stored in your folders. in that case we cannot use "global" movie resources like movie.tbn, movie.nfo, fanart.jpg - you'd end up with the same info assigned to all your movies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable Scraping..Very Frustrating0