Win 7 XBMC submitting wrong timestamp for MYthTV guide SQL Query?
Hi all

i have been trying to get my XBMC install (on Win 7 machine) to show my MythTV guide. MYthtv is running on a local ubuntu machine (ocelot).

i have the Myth: protocol set up as a video source and it all works fine except for the guide (but no it's not a SQL access/password problem as i get the channel list and icons and liveTV data just fine, but no show details in the guide screen after clicking on a channel). when i click guide i get a nice list of channels with icons. when i click a channel i get no shows listed, just an empty list.

this has been happening to me since Dharma and a fresh install of Eden (on same machine) still has the same problem. i was waiting for Eden but it hasn't fixed it. back in Dharma days i got as far as getting into mySQL log files to see the SQL queries in detail, and noticed that the query Win7's XBMC sent when i clicked 'liveTV' had very different to/from times to the query sent when i clicked 'guide'. So if i had to (very speculatively) guess, i'd say it might be one of two things:

a) the code for calculating timecodes (i.e. the 'from' and 'to' times) that are passed to mySQL is different for the liveTV query than for the guide query, and the latter is wrong somehow... or
b) some problem specific to my machine that borks the translation between win7's time codes and the unix-style ones presumably required for sending in SQL strings to mySQL?

to test the issue i set up another ubuntu machine (pangolin) on the local network today, installed Eden, and tested with the exact same myth: protocol in XBMC (same username, password, IP address as i was using on win7) and it all works perfectly including guide data. so it's not a mySQL access/permisisons problem i think. also if i intentionally bork the sql password in win7's myth: video source it all stops working.

so in Eden there is something different in Win 7 vs LInux that means i don't get any shows returned to XBMC when XBMC sends an SQL query for guide data to my mySQL server. i get the channel list (and icons) just fine in win 7, but no shows. in linux i get everything perfect.

i reckon when my win7 XBMC sends the guide query to mySQL, mySQL returns a channel list but an empty "shows list" because the times it has been asked to return shows for are too far away from mySQL's version of "now". so no guide data returned.

anyone got any ideas? i have checked that the time/date is correctly set on the win7 machine.

thanks!
Mike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win 7 XBMC submitting wrong timestamp for MYthTV guide SQL Query?0