Win 10% of .rar-ed episdoes stop before end.
(2012-05-27, 01:40)Livin Wrote: This is definitely a good example of a reason XBMC needs to easily allow use of different codecs/splitters/etc.

A total nightmare to support, take FFmpeg for example, the API changed. We should keep the old API too, and what of the code changed. It would become a huge unmaintainable mess.
(2012-05-27, 06:59)davilla Wrote:
(2012-05-27, 01:40)Livin Wrote: This is definitely a good example of a reason XBMC needs to easily allow use of different codecs/splitters/etc.

A total nightmare to support, take FFmpeg for example, the API changed. We should keep the old API too, and what of the code changed. It would become a huge unmaintainable mess.

I gotcha. Are lav filers any better than ffmpeg? Just seems like ffmpeg always as some problem.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I haven't noticed this bad stopping, only 1s-3s (of 20-60min videos). As far as I know almost all rarred mkvs stop playing prematurely, but the missing part usually isn't too noticable, because of the ending texts. If you cut those off, you do miss some lines at the end. There's at least two tickets for this problem:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10857
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8135
the problem is not just RAR'd files... the problem exists with non-compressed files also - my files are all native MKV, not RAR'd

And, it cuts off a LOT more than a few seconds. most of my videos stop 10-20 minutes before they end, some half way through.
Hm. I only get this with the packed files. Once unpacked, they're all fine. I guess we have different problems, with similar symptoms.
Again, try it on Dharma. Seriously, nothing will be done about it until it's confirmed one way or another.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-05-27, 22:17)jmarshall Wrote: Again, try it on Dharma. Seriously, nothing will be done about it until it's confirmed one way or another.

EDITED... the video I tested was not complete. When I find the next real issue, video I will retest on 10.0
We could still use a test file as well.
Game.of.Thrones.S02E07.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE was the file that led me to posting.. since all my videos are pretty big, it's hard to host them, myself...
Are you still having this problem in the pre-frodo builds? I know ffmpeg was updated since Eden. Try this or a nightly build.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/
I found and played this file fully through with a vanilla Eden with no issues. I tested it packed up as rar files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10% of .rar-ed episdoes stop before end.0