[PRE-RELEASE] Mute Profanity
I stumbled across your add-on about a month ago after spending about 3-4 days creating a script of my own that did similar stuff. My process was much more cumbersome and I was pretty stoked to find what you had done.
I noticed that your filter words had to be padded with spaces to keep from picking up words that have the same letters inside. I tweaked your script a little to use word boundaries when searching for the word in a given line. Not sure how to attach it to this post though. I've got some other ideas that your add-on could do and I'd like to help on it if you're interested.
(2012-08-17, 17:25)fauxpaux Wrote: I stumbled across your add-on about a month ago after spending about 3-4 days creating a script of my own that did similar stuff. My process was much more cumbersome and I was pretty stoked to find what you had done.
I noticed that your filter words had to be padded with spaces to keep from picking up words that have the same letters inside. I tweaked your script a little to use word boundaries when searching for the word in a given line. Not sure how to attach it to this post though. I've got some other ideas that your add-on could do and I'd like to help on it if you're interested.

That's awesome! I'd love to add whatever improvements you're willing work on (or anyone else). There's a couple of ways to get me the changes:

The correct way: Use github. Fork my repo, make your changes, commit, then click on 'Pull Request'. I'll see your request, and pull in your changes.
The quick way: Email me a diff. If you used git, run 'git diff > git_diff.out'. Or without git: 'diff original new > diff.out'
The ugly way: Email me a zip with your files you've changed (or the entire thing).

Anyone else interested in contributing, PM me for my email.

I've followed what you detailed for github. You should have a Pull Request waiting for you.
Anyone else wanting to submit any features or bugs, please visit github and add any issues there. This thread can still be used for discussion or specific questions though.

https://github.com/brazilbrown/mute-profanity/
BARBARA STREISAND!!!!!
The link to the .zip file is broken. Can I just download the .zip file from the github site, or is there something special about the one that is linked in the OP? I'm very excited about the possibilities of this plugin. It will make a lot of PG-13 movies more palatable for my house.
https://github.com/brazilbrown/mute-prof...all/master
(2012-10-13, 04:45)BoomSchtick Wrote: The link to the .zip file is broken. Can I just download the .zip file from the github site, or is there something special about the one that is linked in the OP? I'm very excited about the possibilities of this plugin. It will make a lot of PG-13 movies more palatable for my house.
(2012-10-13, 05:54)Vaikin Wrote: https://github.com/brazilbrown/mute-prof...all/master
(2012-10-13, 04:45)BoomSchtick Wrote: The link to the .zip file is broken. Can I just download the .zip file from the github site, or is there something special about the one that is linked in the OP? I'm very excited about the possibilities of this plugin. It will make a lot of PG-13 movies more palatable for my house.

Thanks... that was the zip file I was wondering about. The add-on installed just fine. However it does not appear to do anything. I selected Crimson Tide and it started to play it, but didn't ask me to download the .srt file. I went and downloaded a .srt file manually and made sure that was the subtitle file that was being used and still nothing appeared to happen. Also, I noticed that no EDL file was generated.

I'm running the latest XBMC build on my ATV2 with a centralized SQL database and network based storage. I'm using SMB like one of the other posters mentioned. I'd be happy to submit logs if someone could point me to where they are.
Yes, SMB shares are not yet supported. It's one of my tasks before this pre-release becomes a full release. Feel free to checkout the current issues on github by going here:

https://github.com/brazilbrown/mute-prof...state=open

I've been quite busy with my work lately, and a couple of other projects, and haven't had the time I need to look into this as soon as I wanted. But rest assured, I'll get to it eventually. Smile Also, I'd love it if anyone else was willing to look into this problem as well. Github makes it real easy to fork and pull in changes from others.
I'd love to help program, but I'm not even close to a programmer. I'd love to help out with testing though.
I have also created a project for this purpose:

http://brockhaymond.com/Software.html
https://github.com/Slowfoxtrot/XBMC-Language-Filter

We should team up.

Brock
I get an error when I try to run this addon/script in XBMC 11.0. It says "script failed: addon.py" I've tried it with a fresh profile, going back to XBMC 10, but the error is the same. Am I missing something in the instructions? This addon would be really nice to have. Thanks.
Hello - first off, I LOVE this idea. I've been searching for something that will allow me to watch movies with my children without fear of the profanity berating us. I've been using the plug-in and sometimes it works great, other times not so much. The biggest issue I'm running into is that even if I go and find a properly synced sub file, the program will still download it's own and ignore the sub I already have.

I don't know a thing about programing but I am certainly willing to pay to help bring the progress along on this wonderful idea. Please let me know how I can help.
ANyone ever get around the addon.py error? I had this installed and it worked fine then i had to go in and redo my apple tv and since i reinstalled XBMC it gives me this error.
(2013-02-24, 07:54)ilovemymac Wrote: ANyone ever get around the addon.py error? I had this installed and it worked fine then i had to go in and redo my apple tv and since i reinstalled XBMC it gives me this error.

I've just discovered this plugin (AMAZING!!!) yet have also come to this error preventing me from using it. I'm checking the log to try and figure it out, will edit my post with whatever I find and a solution if I do! I'm no programmer, so I hope it's something really simple that can fix it!

So far, this is what my log is saying:

Code:
12:14:54 T:5596  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:14:54 T:5596   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named xbmcswift
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\mute-profanity-master\addon.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                from config import plugin
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\mute-profanity-master\config.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                from xbmcswift import Plugin
                                            ImportError: No module named xbmcswift
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
12:14:54 T:3068   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.mute-profanity/?content_type=video
12:14:54 T:3068   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.mute-profanity/?content_type=video) failed

Edit: nup, not being a programmer, it's just too above my head, I'm not sure how to install (on windows) the 'xbmcswift addon' (and version 1 obviously at that, not 'xbmcswift2') to make it work, or edit the py code to wean it off its xbmcswift dependency (?) which I'm concluding fegunz/Scott Brown forgot to take out for it to be ready for mass consumptionHuh

If anyone can help with this it'd be greatly appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PRE-RELEASE] Mute Profanity2