JSON RPC executeAddons and pass repsonce to addon
Hi,

I was thinking of a way to use another addon data inside my addon. So for example fetch youtube videos from youtube addon and parse it inside mine and create a list for my skin (prob a bad example).

I know i can use getAddons to check if an addon is available, then I can execute it with some params with executeAddon, but this takes me to the addon as it builds a list, what I am after is to get the response with this list within my addon and build a new list out of it or create skin properties.

Is this possible, without editing the "executed" addon? This is similar to what the iphone app is doing by navigating within addons inside the app.

Cheers,
Ilia
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
Try the Json request Files.GetDirectory, passing in the addon that you want as the directory (plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?option1=value&option2=value2).
Thats awesome, thanks, worked well.

Another question, is there anyway to get the thumb from each files in the response?

I get file, filetype, label, type - which is great.
Current setup:

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
(2014-07-12, 01:19)Ilia Wrote: Thats awesome, thanks, worked well.

Another question, is there anyway to get the thumb from each files in the response?

I get file, filetype, label, type - which is great.

Search the fourm for json-rpc browser it will help you form useful queries.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
wow, how did i miss that, thanks worked it out
Current setup:

Previous setup:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON RPC executeAddons and pass repsonce to addon0