Problem with hibernate on Asrock A75M
Hi,

I was wondering if somebody has encountered this before:

Whenever entering hibernation and being shut off over night my HTPC wont wake up anymore. Neither pressing the remote, nor pressing the power/reset button works. I have to shut down the power supply and wait for a couple seconds before turning everything on again. It then resumes as expected.

Any ideas?
definitely contact ASROCK
thanks for your answer eskro

The funny thing is that i encountered this once before (I build several PC systems a year) althoug it was neither an Asrock board nor a fusion apu. I was hoping this was a systematical error...
hard to say, best at least to ask ASROCK support
taalas Wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if somebody has encountered this before:

Whenever entering hibernation and being shut off over night my HTPC wont wake up anymore. Neither pressing the remote, nor pressing the power/reset button works. I have to shut down the power supply and wait for a couple seconds before turning everything on again. It then resumes as expected.

Any ideas?
You can check the power button settings to make sure that it is set to "Shut Down" as shown below, and you can check in the advanced settings to make sure that everything is correct.

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
My new build has this motherboard.
Several times after leaving it alone for a few hours it would not come back on.
Had to power it off and on again, and windows would give the "Unsafe shutdown..Boot Safe Mode or Normal" message.
Checking the eventlogs it said I had a BSOD
The details of that BSOD matched others online having Hibernate/Suspend issues.

For now I just told the HTPC to never Suspend or Hibernate.
It has been on almost 3 days straight with no issues.
I may check out the asrock instant Boot app
This is a known issue. See this link for details (Missing Remote) .

I used the Geffen HDMI detective to fix the issue. I bought it at B&H online. There are also some "software fixes." I never tried them...after I installed the HDMI detective I have not experienced this problem anymore.
Gunserotti Wrote:This is a known issue.

I used the Geffen HDMI detective to fix the issue.

ouch, pricy fix o.O
http://www.amazon.com/Gefen-EXT-HDMI-EDI...B001RIMZUW
eskro Wrote:ouch, pricy fix o.O
http://www.amazon.com/Gefen-EXT-HDMI-EDI...B001RIMZUW

Yes it is Smile. But I'm glad I dd it because it works flawlessly. I posted because this s a recognized issue with a few potential solutions (see the above URL for details). The hardware solution (hdmi detective) works the best but is the most expensive. Perhaps other people with this issue can try the other solutions and post their results.
Cheers
maybe this can help http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_...86760.aspx
Ah, thanks for the additional information guys. Somehow I missed the updates to this thread - I will see if the problem is similar to what these threads describe...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with hibernate on Asrock A75M0