filemode default background, grey instead of the selected custom background
got a problem all backgrounds show up fine , just the default filemode background dont show ever since it updated to 2.01 , now the movies without fanart have just a grey background wich used to show the addons background instead , help please , same goes for everything addons related or filemode be it music ,movies etc , id appreciate it Wink
anybody?
(2012-05-06, 02:36)hentai23 Wrote: got a problem all backgrounds show up fine , just the default filemode background dont show ever since it updated to 2.01 , now the movies without fanart have just a grey background wich used to show the addons background instead , help please , same goes for everything addons related or filemode be it music ,movies etc , id appreciate it Wink

Hi Hentai23

Movie Filemode:

As for movie filemode, this is all related to addon not setup correct unfortunetly, best way to fix this is by deleting everything on your system and reinstalling from scratch, this normally works for me when it comes to cdart addon, but if it is the music filemode you having problem with, then please see below...

Music Filemode:

This problem has been an issue for awhile..

Please see below solution to fix as well as other comments made by me about this issue Big Grin

Here is the problem and solution: The problem is with MQ3 2.0 and up

**Solution:

You need to have an older version(MQ3 1.2 4 or older).

Look under (Windows, Mac) AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.3\720p

Delete the following two files in this directory -

1.) includes.xml
2.) MyMusicSongs.xml

(These two files is the problem that causes the fanart not to work in Music Filemode/Playlist.)

So after deleting these two files, open older version of MQ3 1.2.4 (or older) and copy these two same files in this version(MQ3 1.2.4) to the directory (Windows, Mac) AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.3\720p - (where old ones was deleted)

This will bring back the Fanart in Music Filemode/Playlist as before

Personal view: Wink

My suggestion to everyone having this problem thought is to not worry about fanart in filemode as it is been taken out slowly and they are not concentrating much on fixing it. The reason for this is that the old versions of MQ use to use filemode alot, but with playlist mode advancing all the time....it has taken over filemode.

...Meaning the best would be for you to get your playlist structured (tag your music correctly, get all your folder.jpg, fanart.jpg, logo.png and cdart.png correct and aslo get your album.nfo/artist.nfo correct) for music and that way you will have fanart in the background and a much better music setup as in filemode - (This however takes time to setup, but is worthwhile Wink ... believe me)

If you setup our tags correctly in your music(mp3's), then playlist mode works so much better than filemode....

Also see thread below for interest Wink

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1108167

Rgds
Manuel
Aeon MQ4
Mac Mini & HP Microserver N40L

ummm, this isnt only in movies file mode but in all file modes, in advanced launcher, and any other file mode -.- , its not that i dont get background fanart , its that i dont get the default background set for addons or movies that i set in shortcuts under skin settings instead i just get a grey background for anything that dont have background fanart -.-

p.s: this is NOT due to my setup , since its clean and ive tried with other skins and that does not happen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
filemode default background, grey instead of the selected custom background0