• 8(current)
[RELEASE]Network-Manager front-end for XBMCbuntu
Am I missing something? If I can connect via ssh then I can simply use nmcli or nmtui and actually I don't probably need to anyway, because it means I am already connected (and kodi at least can show your ip easily).

About wicd I was using it before NetworkManager, I am not sure why/when I switched. But nm works well so I am happy with it.

Anyhow, thanks for everything! Smile
Thats right. You can use nmcli. I forgot about that one. For some reason I couldn't use that one in the add-on. Since it is not python I guess.
wicd is way nicer but that's another story. (and written in python)
I guess you can use the C API via ctypes taking inspiration from nmcli or nmtui source code... but why bother?
Fortunately python has everything: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-networkmanager Wink
Yeah, but at the time I couldn't find a fully working python script that created connections in a proper way.
I had to combine a lot of samples from nm and stuff from semi working scripts.
I recognize seveas/python-networkmanager and I am pretty sure it was not uptodate at the time. I think a lot of things changed with nm 0.9.

Probably not a big deal if you know what you are doing but it was the first time I saw dbusSmile
I'm unable to install this in Kodi 17. I installed your repo, and when I go to the Network-Manager page, I click install and nothing happens.
(2017-01-26, 07:17)spookybathtub Wrote: I'm unable to install this in Kodi 17. I installed your repo, and when I go to the Network-Manager page, I click install and nothing happens.
I've forked this repo and moved a few files around.  It now launches in Kodi v18.  I haven't checked to see if it actually works with XUbuntu 18.04.4, so further testing would be in order....

My forked addon is available here: https://github.com/xptsp/script.linux.nm...nux.nm.zip
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE]Network-Manager front-end for XBMCbuntu3