• 4(current)
[RELEASE]Network-Manager front-end for XBMCbuntu
same here!
On OS level there is many dependencies. It works fine on xbmcbuntu and raspxbmc.
Make sure you have network-manage 0.9 and python-dbus installed. Other than that read the logs and figure it out. Or use xbmcbuntu.
(2013-02-20, 12:35)vikjon0 Wrote: On OS level there is many dependencies. It works fine on xbmcbuntu and raspxbmc.
Make sure you have network-manage 0.9 and python-dbus installed. Other than that read the logs and figure it out. Or use xbmcbuntu.

Sometimes the user has no knowledge of Linux or Ubuntu ( like me ) . My son setup a dual core nettop for me at his house with a cable connection.
Now I have the nettop in my house with ubuntuXBMC on it, a wifi dongle in the USB port. I installed your Network Manager .zip . Now when I use the add-on it can see my Network ID , OK, when I enter my password the Network manager shows "configuring" but then asks me for the password again. I have checked carefully to enter my password correct , but it just repeats again and again and asks for the password. Just like the some of the other user comments above.

To make matters wors , it locks-up XBMC on the "wifi Connections " window and from there it won't do anything. I cannot escape from the window and have no alternative than do a nasty ( long hold to the ON/OFF button ) reset.

I do not know how to access the core program to check for the installs you mention above.
Even if I did , I would be unlikely to navigate the file structure.

I do appreciate your great efforts to provide the add-on and looked forward to an easy connection, but alas not all of us are young , sharp , linux users .

Looks like I will have to send my nettop back to my son to figure out how we can connect wifi.

Unless you can help ?
Sad no updates for XBMC Sad

(2012-12-16, 15:09)vikjon0 Wrote:
(2012-12-16, 04:48)shivup Wrote: Network manager is giving me script error on xbmcbuntu 12 rc1 Sad please help

This is correct. Thanks for point this is out. The problem is that python-dbus is missing.
I have emailed the developer of xbmcbuntu

Meanwhile you can add python-dbus and it will work

How to add python-dbusHuh
(2013-04-07, 23:56)djkidy123 Wrote: Sad no updates for XBMC Sad

(2012-12-16, 15:09)vikjon0 Wrote:
(2012-12-16, 04:48)shivup Wrote: Network manager is giving me script error on xbmcbuntu 12 rc1 Sad please help

This is correct. Thanks for point this is out. The problem is that python-dbus is missing.
I have emailed the developer of xbmcbuntu

Meanwhile you can add python-dbus and it will work

How to add python-dbusHuh

It is added to xbmcbuntu. To add it your self. google "ubuntu install python-dbus"
yes, but i have RPI how to install it on this ?!
(2013-04-08, 21:55)djkidy123 Wrote: yes, but i have RPI how to install it on this ?!

well RPI is a hardware. If you are running openelec on it you should not use nm. If you use raspxbmc it is already included and if you use something else I do not know.
<strike>I have network-manager and this addon installed but when I open it I just get the option to enable IPv6, no other options. Isn't this addon suppose to provide the user with wifi configuration from xbmc itself?</strike>

Nevermind, I decided to go UTP, after 3 months getting all my media recognized I don't need any more headaches configuring my HTPC. Cheers
I have posted a call for new owner / developer here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167787

If no one takes over it will be dropped as I have no time.
OK, i took the time to cleanup the code a bit and create a new version which works for current Xbmc.

http://www.xilka.com/xilka/source/script...0.1.tar.xz

http://www.xilka.com/xilka/source/script...-1.0.1.zip
OK, do you want to create a github rep for it an release it to the xbmc rep?
Yeah, i'll put it on github tomorrow, then we should be ready to go.
OK, here we are. Let me know if i need to change/add anything to get this integrated with Xbmc supported addons.

git://github.com/cbxbiker61/script.linux.nm1.git
It looks ok to me, but if you want to overwrite my old version you need to keep the id.
NM1-1.0.1 not working for me on Gotham, please advice
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE]Network-Manager front-end for XBMCbuntu3