ListItem.Date confusion
There are 2 entries in the wiki for ListItem.Date and neither seem to return the correct info.

ListItem.Date
  • Shows the file date of the currently selected song or movie in a list or thumb control
  • Day, start time and end time of current selected TV programme in a list or thumb control

Actual results

Movies - empty
TV Shows - same date as ListItem.Premiered
Episodes - same date as ListItem.Premiered
Songs - empty
I'm not sure about shows but episodes would be the same because you probably get the episodes the same day they aired like I said in the other thread about it
Unfortunately not.
From the code:

ListItem.Date returns the m_dateTime object of a filetime.

For files this is the creation or modified date (might depend on the filesystem).

For library items, we typically don't have this value, so we set the value to dates we do have:

Shows: Premiered
Episodes: First Aired

Every other library item (albums, songs, artists, genres, movies, musicvids etc. etc.) will have no info available. So this gels with what you see. Whether it's sane or not I dunno Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan.

So where does this wiki entry come from?

ListItem.Date - Day, start time and end time of current selected TV programme in a list or thumb control
Well, in that case it's a pitty that years are not set to it for other library items as we could have universal tag - file dates for files and relevant info for library items. Video addons could use it for date published/aired.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

@Hitcher: My guess is it's being used for the tvguide stuff perhaps (PVR)? No idea otherwise Smile

@pecinko: I don't mind a universal tag, but I prefer specific ones are available as well in cases where more than one date might be available for the item. Not sure if this applies here though!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-05-07, 00:45)jmarshall Wrote: @Hitcher: My guess is it's being used for the tvguide stuff perhaps (PVR)? No idea otherwise Smile

you are absolutely right about that now that you mention it that data is what shows in the PVR windows for its items

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem.Date confusion0