Streaming issues
Okay guys, I need some help. I am very new, please forgive me.

The Setup
I have a Toshiba laptop running windows 7 with an external terabyte hard drive with all movies and tv shows on it. I have XBMC v11 Eden running on my Apple TV 1 (silver)

The issue
The issue I am having seams to be a streaming issue. I have the movie folders set up via a shared smb network file. If I try and play any movie of 720p or higher it streams in a very glitchy fashion. It won't play more than a couple seconds without the audio (and sometimes the video) sputtering and stopping to buffer (and re-buffer). It takes about 2.5 hrs to watch a 90 minute movie. Please help.

I love xbmc. I love how it will play any video type and I love how it makes my media experience so much better. But I really don't want to watch everything in standard def.
Do you have a Broadcom Crystal HD (wiki) chip installed in the Apple TV 1 (wiki)?
No, I don't. Is there a plug in or a software fix?
(2012-05-07, 00:49)Goettel Wrote: No, I don't. Is there a plug in or a software fix?

You can only play a very limited selection of 720P files without a Broadcom Crystal HD chip. The ATV1 processor just doesn't have enough power without it. If you get one then you'll be able to play anything back that you can throw at it (just about anything, that is).
See also ATV1 FAQ (wiki) (a work in progress, but that page will give you some good info).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming issues0