alphabetical order

hi people, i am a new user of XMBC from the netherlands, so sorry for my bad english.

in the xbmc library songs (FLAC) are listed as they should be.. they are all tagged.

but my pioneer ]N-50 lists songs in a album in alphabetical order.. that's wrong, it should be as on the CD and as presented in the xbmc library...

the only solution that helps is to change the titles of every album by adding numbers (01-02, etct). file names are numbered. so it seems my pioneer reads artist, album, title.. and arranges them in alphabetical order

please help me. what should i do. i use xbmc UPnP on my LAN on a windows vista computer.

(FYI: with the WMS it works, but WMS doesnt support FLACS, also with the FLAC add on, it doesn't work)

Search. I answered this question yesterday. XBMC sets information in the UPnP object, but perhaps it's not what your receiver is expecting. Find that out and we'd be able to fix it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i am sorry the only thread i find regarding this subject is
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...phabetical and that's an old one without solution.

i cannot find any information about what the pioneer is expecting.. and how i could change something in the UPNP protocol. i tried to contact pioneer through my dealer, but no answer.. (yet)

Contacting pioneer through your dealer isn't a bad idea. You'd be surprised at what kind of help you can get sometimes from major companies when you ask them a purely technical question. If they get back to you, definitely let us know.

Here's the other thread that JM mentioned: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130891

Sometimes the built-in forum search doesn't do a very good job, so I tend to just use google and include "site:xbmc.org" to do a site-specific search.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
alphabetical order0