[SOLVED] [XBMCbuntu] Menu suddenly slow for one user
Edit: It turns out I had accidentally removed the xbmc user from the 'video' group. I guess it couldn't use hardware acceleration because of this. Not sure why the bug only showed up when it did though.

About a week ago I set up a machine running XBMCbuntu, with a user called xbmc. Up until now, it was running fine. Today, I removed the home directory to see if it would get recreated properly (we're using puppet to manage configuration on our machines) and then it started running very slowly. I replaced the home directory with the original configuration (that used to run fine), but now it's slow. All puppet does is make sure the user exists, and copy backups of /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata and /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons. Even removing this and letting xbmc recreate the config files on it's own doesn't help, but it works fine for other users.

Logging into the desktop environment, or other users, is fine, and everything runs smoothly. The debug log looks okay to me, though I don't really know what to look for

Debug log

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks,
Josh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] [XBMCbuntu] Menu suddenly slow for one user0