• 6(current)
Welo release...
still use this skin! so simple and easy and the large list view is just perfect for browsing a large collection.

keep up the good work!
(2012-07-20, 23:47)krish_2k4 Wrote: still use this skin! so simple and easy and the large list view is just perfect for browsing a large collection.

keep up the good work!

Oh no... i've got rid of the large list view.

Only joking buddy! Wink

Excellent... great to know you're still using it. There are improvements on the way (textures improvements, design changes, code improvements, tying up loose ends, new views, etc) so stay tuned.

Cheers Big Grin
@all

I've made the decision to go all out on Welo 2. The goodies will include...

1920x1080 textures and coding
New viewtypes
Bring the design even closer to Welo's mockups
Features like OnDeck, ClearArt, CDArt.
PVR support
New Weather section design
Custom Main Menu items
Custom Home screen add-on items
Lots of other design improvements
Code improvements/clean-up

Gonna try and get Welo really up to scratch as (in my eyes) it's no where near it yet.

I'll be at it for a while so don't expect a release anytime soon! I'll be working off the nightly builds, so Welo will be ready for Frodo, and can go straight into the Frodo official add-on repo.

Cheers
Great news, but it will be good if you provide skin progress news on a weekly basis, if possible.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Oh, don't worry, i won't be going dark! I'll provide regular updates (however maybe not every week!!). I'll also try keep up on screenshots.

Cheers
only thing I would suggest is don't bloat the skin like other skins. Welo works because it is fast and snappy!
(2012-07-24, 16:19)krish_2k4 Wrote: only thing I would suggest is don't bloat the skin like other skins. Welo works because it is fast and snappy!

Yeah, don't worry. I'll keeps things tight.

Viewtypes to come are...

Movie/Music Coverflow
Episode Wall
Music Wall
Picture Wall
Apps Wall

That will be it then for views.

Features like OnDeck shouldn't hopefully complicate things too much. PVR is an unknown to me at this point, however it will have to be supported when PVR hits Frodo.

The move to 1920x1080 textures should sharpen up some areas. I think most htpc's can handle 1080 skins nowadays? Experience1080 is a good test i guess.

Cheers buddy
Forgive my ignorance: what exactly is this OnDeck you speak of? I have heard the term before, especially in connection to Plex, but I never caught the meaning thereof.
(2012-07-25, 00:19)Chokladkakan Wrote: Forgive my ignorance: what exactly is this OnDeck you speak of? I have heard the term before, especially in connection to Plex, but I never caught the meaning thereof.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113702
Ah. Much obliged, Hitcher!
Sorry for the lack of updates or progress. I've been up to my neck in renovations on my house, plus life and work. Real busy time at the mo.

I'm painfully aware that Welo is lacking and incomplete. Features are missing (like custom menu items) that i expect are putting off users. Sooner or later i'll get chance to crack on. Sit tight.

Cheers Wink
Update...

I've abandoned the 1080 code/texture update. There isn't any real visible improvement on Welo. Instead i've been concentrating on improving some of the softer textures that was giving the skin a low quality feel in some areas.

Also, i've got a nice list of design changes and features (like custom menu items) i'm working through. Next version will be 2.0.0.

I'm back on the job so things are moving along again! Wink

Cheers
Have you considered a wall view for TV series ? I have 31 and every available view for now isn't suitable, the banner being the worst by the way !
(2012-09-23, 02:54)idoru17 Wrote: Have you considered a wall view for TV series ? I have 31 and every available view for now isn't suitable, the banner being the worst by the way !

Using posters? That won't be a problem... it will just use the same view type as movie wall. No problem at all. Wink

Cheers

[EDIT:] of course... poster wall for shows and seasons, then thumb wall for epsiodes. Cheers
Quick update...

Been working hard on Welo these last few days so things are moving forward.

Cheers
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Welo release...4