Black border around screen
I'm running the Xvba Eden version of XBMC .... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...vaapi+eden on an MSI E350IA-E45 with the AMD APU to a 48" Panasonic TV connected via HDMI.

When I was on the pre-Eden release things were good.

I used "sudo aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0" to disable underscan and this has the effect of making the image (Ubuntu or XBMC) larger than the screen size so I setup a startup script to size the image to the screen.

After upgrading to the Eden release as soon as I launch a video the screen re-sizes and has black borders surrounding the video.

I removed my startup script and Ubuntu main screen and XBMC both overlap the borders of the screen BUT as soon as I launch a video then the screen re-sizes and I have black borders again which are still there after I stop the video.

The borders aren't huge but I would like to be able to use all of the TV display.

Video calibration from the Settings-Video output section doesn't help me as the screen just enlarges into the black borders and I lose some of the image. Note that this does show me that I have a 1920X1080 display even though it is smaller than the TV screen size.

Cheers, Duncan
I have a similar issue every time I update or reinstall my ATI drivers. I have found the if I run "sudo aticonfig --initial" once it fixes it.

I'm not sure why you had to use the scripts in the past but make sure your TV isn't doing any resizing itself.

My TV has multiple resolutions and modes supported but when everything is configured correctly it shows my resolution being 1920x1080 and DOT-FOR-DOT for the mode. If I have something setup wrong it will say STRETCH instead of DOT-FOR-DOT and my picture will be over scanned.

Also make sure that with all your adjusting that you haven't set XBMC to do stretching or zooming

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black border around screen0