'Perfect' out-of-the-box XBMC Client?
The minix neo x8-h can do on the fly refresh rate switching with the minix version of xbmc.
yes someone made an addon for frequency switching a while back and it has been ported to others S802 devices (someone just had to remove the minix check). I own a tronsmart vega and it does work

If anyone is interested you can fins the addon here:
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...logic-S802
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Neat. I'll check that out.
(2014-11-22, 20:37)AttacktheCow Wrote: as for the 24p / 23,978p. I honestly don't know the difference, yet i do know that most of my material is 23.978. Basically it should be no problem for me. I use an old sony TV which is capable of 24p, whatever that means. If there is any small stutter with 23,978p, i think i would not see it; quite contrairy to the 24p to 50/60Hz conversion on these android devices.
My Sony TV is about 7 years old and reports 1080/24p on screen when switching refresh rates.

Most TV's display similar when switching modes and the picture Sync is perfect with 23.976fps material.

(2014-11-23, 05:11)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2014-11-22, 20:37)AttacktheCow Wrote: as for the 24p / 23,978p. I honestly don't know the difference, yet i do know that most of my material is 23.978. Basically it should be no problem for me. I use an old sony TV which is capable of 24p, whatever that means. If there is any small stutter with 23,978p, i think i would not see it; quite contrairy to the 24p to 50/60Hz conversion on these android devices.
My Sony TV is about 7 years old and reports 1080/24p on screen when switching refresh rates.

Most TV's display similar when switching modes and the picture Sync is perfect with 23.976fps material.

ha, mine is also a Sony which is also about 7 years old Smile

(2014-11-22, 22:23)Veronica Wrote: yes someone made an addon for frequency switching a while back and it has been ported to others S802 devices (someone just had to remove the minix check). I own a tronsmart vega and it does work

If anyone is interested you can fins the addon here:
http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...logic-S802

do you know if this is possible with every android box with 4.4? In my opinion, it should be, since with 4.4 it should solely be a minor software issue
Quote:Resolution switching through adaptive playback

Android 4.4 brings formal support for adaptive playback into the Android media framework. Adaptive playback is an optional feature of video decoders for MPEG-DASH and other formats that enables seamless change in resolution during playback. The client can start to feed the decoder input video frames of a new resolution and the resolution of the output buffers change automatically, and without a significant gap.

Resolution switching in Android 4.4 lets media apps offer a significantly better streaming video experience. Apps can check for adaptive playback support at runtime using existing APIs and implement resolution-switching using new APIs introduced in Android 4.4.
https://developer.android.com/about/vers...itkat.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Perfect' out-of-the-box XBMC Client?0