Sound level
Hi,

First thanks for the GREAT product, it is great fun to use !

I have a remark though, don't know if it was already made by someone (read only 11 pages of that forum), if it was, I apologize ...

It is about sound, it would be nice for me to be able to AMPLIFY sound too !
(i.e. dB scale with positive-side slider : +1 2 3 etc dB)

Often, the level of sound is too low "in the file" and either I need to push the level with the TV-remote or even use a program like virtualdub to adjust the volume up !

Nod
Have you try to click on the speaker icon when you playback movie? You can set the sound level to the desire sound level, and set it to default for all movie.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Yes, as I said, If you open the menu for sound, you can see clearly that the sound scale starts with 0dB and goes DOWN to -1, -2 and so on !

By contrast, on some other player (VLC for example), you can have "200%" as a sound level ...
(I don't like the "%", dBs are far better)

If you keep the audio files you can also use a normalizer program to make them all the same loudness. Did this with all my mp3 files
(Only handles music ofcourse)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-09, 00:03)MengWan Wrote: Yes, as I said, If you open the menu for sound, you can see clearly that the sound scale starts with 0dB and goes DOWN to -1, -2 and so on !

By contrast, on some other player (VLC for example), you can have "200%" as a sound level ...
(I don't like the "%", dBs are far better)
It work fine......set it to default for all movie, and you'll never have to adjust it again......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
There is also a Volume Amplification slider in the popup window bluray mentioned in post 2. It won't do anything for passthrough formats like Dolby, but for mp3 or pcm soundtracks it will boost quiet tracks. Pushed too far it will distort though.

If you're talking about music consider using ReplayGain for your music files - it is designed to add tagging data to normalize music volume without changing the actual music data. You will need to do this in an external program (foobar does it with a plugin) but XBMC can read the values if you enable it in the music playback settings. Google it.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound level0